Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. - Vol. 13 Ch. 104

Contributor
I was expecting Mai have trouble accepting it, but I did not expect her to go that far. Last volume is coming up. I can't wait to see how everything concludes.
Thanks for the chapter.
There's a reason why denial is often considered the first stage of grief. But man are we gonna go through all of that while she's still there.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with his actions, but he should have kept Mai in the loop prior to all of this. It would be difficult for anyone to process all that information at once.
“Yo your mom is a ghost and I’m gonna marry this other chick”

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this explanation really reads like they're trying to "fill a hole" than "move on" to someone else and its really putting me off. Everything in this story feels really right, even the bit about Takae having to move on... bu the "how" is lackluster.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like they went about this backwards. Maybe if they'd started off explaining her mom is possessing Marika's body instead of reincarnating as her and getting her to understand that part, the blow of the sudden marriage announcement would've been softened some.

...On that note maybe they should've built up to it a little more? "Hey she's going to move in with us" instead of "hey I'm going to marry this woman that you didn't even know I was dating"

Dex-chan lover
I feel like they went about this backwards. Maybe if they'd started off explaining her mom is possessing Marika's body instead of reincarnating as her and getting her to understand that part, the blow of the sudden marriage announcement would've been softened some.

...On that note maybe they should've built up to it a little more? "Hey she's going to move in with us" instead of "hey I'm going to marry this woman that you didn't even know I was dating"
I agree. He went about this ass backwards. Wasn't even expecting the mention of marriage this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Going right to "I'm marrying her" with no leadup or prep is a certifiably insane plan. Like... what did you expect was going to happen? Especially with Takae still there and Mai not in the loop about the nature of her existence? Never mind that suddenly announcing you're marrying someone that you've never even had a proper date with and nobody is even aware you're in a relationship with (because you actually aren't at this point unless the author wants us to believe months have passed since the two reconnected and Takae explained to Moriya what was going on) is wackadoo.

Also "As expected, Mai wasn't going to listen to us carefully this time"

Then jeebus fuck why did you plan to have that conversation in a restaurant in public if you knew this was a possible or even probable outcome?

God... I've generally liked the story and I've always been ok with the probable bittersweet ending because it always felt like that's what it had to lead to, but this is some grade-A transparently shitty writing just to create one big final drama hurdle to overcome. Author looked at the timeline and said "I need one more bit mountain to climb before we wrap" and worked backwards from there in the laziest way possible without considering what made sense.

Have them have the conversation at home. Have Takae there. And have it be the announcement that he's going to start dating Moriya with an eye on marriage. Boom, solved. Mai can still be upset and see this as "infidelity", can blame Moriya, and can storm off but it doesn't have to make Keisuke and Moriya look like idiots for doing this in public or jumping straight to marriage and allows Takae to actually explain the whole situation and that she's in agreement with it. Mai can still get angry and refuse to listen and believe that Moriya is responsible because she's not thinking rationally but it does this without making everyone else look dumb and heartless.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I was expecting Mai have trouble accepting it, but I did not expect her to go that far. Last volume is coming up. I can't wait to see how everything concludes.
Thanks for the chapter.
Damn you got marked by @smjin, you need to disinfect yourself.

That loser only comes out of their cave once every few months to spread X's whenever someone says anything positive about a story.

Already said the last chapter, for me this doesn't make any f sense. I was more than prepared for a 'sad' ending, damn, even I was expecting some kind of timeskip where keisuke dates/remarries moriya, I wouldn't personally like it but it could make sense. But these last chapters? pure nonsense bullshit, forced drama just because.

Dex-chan lover
Does kinda feel like the Disney "characters misunderstand each other before solving their differences and getting back for one last hurra" trope.
Understandable and also kinda...tiring

Double-page supporter
Yo what in the absolute fuck?! Man this story was so nicely paced and they just have this guy, who loves his daughter so much that they even have mini chapters about it, just not even talk things out with her prior and explain anything before the bombshell?

Like dawg, this guy went hard af. Straight said to her: “You friend who wants to bang me? Well she’s going to replace your mother in the bedroom. Also since you’re moving out she’s going to replace you too as my #1. Btw, ur mum’s a scrub ghost who can’t even reincarnate right”

Breh

I understand why people are mad for the lack of communication of the parents about Takae's ""terminal disease"", I would be too, but let me tell you guys a story about myself:

I was studying for a year when my father was hospitalized with a terminal disease, contrary to what she should do my mother didn't tell me because, according to her, "It would make my studies worse, and my father didn't want that". I was only told about the disease after my father died, and by my aunt which didn't agree with my mother's decision, which at the time was "I'll tell him his father actually died only when he come back home".

So, definetively awkward family interaction, but not irrealistic.

Users who are viewing this thread