Tsurezure Children

@faeldrin, yeah sorry for that, my bad. Dex doesn't have quote in their comment section yet. with what happened in the last few chapters we can expect more ships to be sunked by author.

Ubu: I'm not interested in girls other than u
Ubu literally 2 seconds later: but I will go out w/ this random girl
What the h e c c

Wow, things are really wrapping up fast. And again, this ship is gonna land safely. Wakabayashi is beyond shitty unresolved endings!
.........right guys?

Group Leader
I don't know why anyone would be surprised at the turn of events for Miss Wabisabi considering how Motoyama and Sugawara got shafted. The mangaka is obviously taking the easy way out to "resolve" the loose ends before ending the series by sinking all the ships that haven't sailed. Line 'em up one-by-one and kill 'em off, bang bang bang. Which reminds me, can it be that Takase and Alice are now a couple? Was that really a cliffhanger on Christmas, or was it Takase accepting Alice's feelings? Will we ever find out?

Dex-chan lover
@Sealight: He probably just did that out of spite or sadness, it's pretty obvious he is not accepting that girls feeling because he's interested in her.

Also, i'm surprised that so many people are already saying "Ship is sinking, get the lifeboats". For Sugawara and Takano, this will oviously not stop here, and for Erika and Ubukata, the fact that he's accepting to go out with a girl out of spite/sadness make it pretty obvious that we will see how it will play out. We only got only two volume left, yeah, but that doesn't mean we won't see them anymore.
(That aside ,Motoyama's ship have sunk, ok, but I'm pretty sure we will also get some sort of conclusion for him. And not necessarily a bad one)

BCS

Dex-chan lover
An accurate depiction of 10th volume of Tsurezure Children: https://i.imgur.com/b3vFPfY.jpg

On a side note, serves "Wabisabi" right. How many chances do you need you stuck-up thot.

Double-page supporter
Im so sorry for Ubukata, that tsundere act is so annoying

What's with these people running away from confessions of the people they like? That's a lot of unnecessary drama. To the guys saying that ships are sinking....have you ever read a manga? They'll be fine.

Group Leader
Are there really enough chapters left to believably launch all the ships that are still left in port (or sinking fast, or already actually sunk)? Here's how I see it...
Takase Haruhiko x Kanda Saki
Teetering on the brink of disaster

Takase Haruhiko x Himemiya Alice
could it be that Takase has actually accepted Alice?

Noro Akimasa x Himemiya Alice
it'll never set sail

Katori Shinichi x Hosokawa Kazuko
The "Love Master" certainly won't be chained to one port

Kaga Yuuki x Nanase Kaoru
sorry Nanase but Kaga's been shipwrecked

Sugawara Takurou x Takano Chizuru
Sugawara's ship is taking in water after being torpedoed by Takano

Motoyama Tomomichi x Enomoto
R.I.P. Motoyama

Kirihara Youichi x Chiba Sayaka
this ship might sail once Chiba graduates...

Souma Chihiro x Saejima Haruka
this ship will definitely sail... eventually...

Ubukata Shinji x Shibasaki Erika
sunk by the idiocy of both of them

Sonobe Kazuya x Nashimoto Yukari
Nashimoto is doing her best to sink her own ship

Onitsuka Kimihito x Yamada Sawa
sorry Onitsuka, Yamada's just toying with you
It will be interesting to see how, if at all in some cases, the mangaka deals the final blow to these unrequited relationships.

Hidden plot twist: author is actually going to continue the story in "Tsurezure University" and he's just trying to bait us hard right now.

That, or there'll be more development in the next 15-20 chapters than in all those that happened before now combined.

Group Leader
@Faeldrin: Although I'd love to see a continuation of some of the relationships thru higher education and into adult years, unfortunately, not all the kids are 3rd years (actually, most aren't), so there'd have to be some time-skipping as well for a university-based series.

I'm guessing there's only about 15 chapters left. If all the loose ends are tied up in the remaining chapters, it will probably feel awfully rushed, seeing as there's a dozen loose ends. Well, maybe less than 10 if that's the last we'll see of a few of the sinking (or sunk) ships. Like I said before, it's taken 100+ chapters for Sugawara and Takano to get nowhere since the last time she ran away from him. It will be a miracle if the mangaka can convincingly reconcile their relationship with so few chapters left, and at the same time convincingly tie up all the other loose ends. But I do believe in miracles...

Fed-Kun's army
shibasaki fcked that one up...... i just want ubu and shiba to get together already whyyy this drama

@tltl
I know I'm being super nitpicky, but I noticed some typos in your 137.2 chapter (do you actually want people to point these out?):
- pg 24, Yukari: "cooking club" is misplaced
- pg 32, sensei: "vkid"
- pg 33, Kurihara: "(LOL" is missing the ")"

@FredFriendly
That's being unfair since those 100+ chapters weren't all about Takano/Sugiwara. I still don't see the sinking here TBH. All this time their chapters were basically about Chii-chan getting slowly conscious of her feelings. Now that's done and Sugawara has clearly confessed, it's a fairly short distance to the finish line.
And that's true for most of the "undecided" couples, I think. Stuff like Souma/Saejima can be dealt with in less than a chapter. Motoyama would be harder to do (but not necessarily impossible). And some couples like Toda/Sunagawa seem to have been basically pushed aside.

All this doomsaying talk reminds of the shitstorm back when Morinaga Milk was drawing Girl Friends and some people kept insisting she would never go for the happy yuri ending.

Users who are viewing this thread