Tsuruko Returns the Favor - Ch. 1 - THE MAN WHO MET A CRANE

Double-page supporter
The main girl is kind of cute, but as always the theme is kind of idiotic / dumb in those series. Like why does he need to act like a detective around here, cant MC just go in and ask as "Hello, this is my sister's picture and apparently she has worked here, does anyone know her?, I'd like to learn about her past" and voila, they'd gladly answer about their old friend.

Dex-chan lover
The main girl is kind of cute, but as always the theme is kind of idiotic / dumb in those series. Like why does he need to act like a detective around here, cant MC just go in and ask as "Hello, this is my sister's picture and apparently she has worked here, does anyone know her?, I'd like to learn about her past" and voila, they'd gladly answer about their old friend.
If people in manga-world were capable of having rational thoughts, or clear conversations without beating around the bush, engaging in some sort of clandestine caper, or weaving a tangled web of lies and misunderstandings, the industry would just crash. Romcoms would go down in flames as they all suddenly end within a couple pages of everyone making their feelings clear. Dramas would be atomized as everyone realizes that they shouldn't hang around with people who make them miserable or behave like cunts. The Shoujo-sphere would implode utterly, as legions of spider-fingered lanky creeps get arrested for being weirdly rapey.

Reason and manga story lines don't mix.

Dex-chan lover
Trying to game the manga world rules and speedrun it might result in unpredictable consequences. If he just bumrushes the shop, he might trigger a secret Cthulhu summoning ritual.

Supporter
It's kind of a shame that she's as cute as she is...Because I feel like I'm coming in more invested in the mystery.

Dex-chan lover
It's kind of a shame that she's as cute as she is...Because I feel like I'm coming in more invested in the mystery.

Yeah, I am way more interested in the brother learning about the life his deceased older sister than any of the “will they won’t they” with the heroine.

But focusing solely on that would cut the page count massively, if not turn it into a one shot, which honestly it should be.

I hope him getting closure after his sister’s death doesn’t get lost in the romcom b-plot.

Dex-chan lover
If people in manga-world were capable of having rational thoughts, or clear conversations without beating around the bush, engaging in some sort of clandestine caper, or weaving a tangled web of lies and misunderstandings, the industry would just crash. Romcoms would go down in flames as they all suddenly end within a couple pages of everyone making their feelings clear. Dramas would be atomized as everyone realizes that they shouldn't hang around with people who make them miserable or behave like cunts. The Shoujo-sphere would implode utterly, as legions of spider-fingered lanky creeps get arrested for being weirdly rapey.

Reason and manga story lines don't mix.
ORRRR.... they could make this a cute story where he starts talking more to these girls while still getting his goal....

Or they could right cute stories about the couples actually being together and us as readers enjoying it.

And I think slap stick comedy would get a pass but the author would probably have to show a little bit more cartoony-ness just for the readers to get it's slapstick... which wouldn't be a bad thing...

Honestly, if these authors were banned for overly convoluted tropes, then the writers would be forced to write stories without those tropes while still keeping the romcom and comedy elements...

Users who are viewing this thread