Tsuruko Returns the Favor - Ch. 25 - HE WANTS TO MEET THE KING

Dex-chan lover
Hiatus, huh? Guess the higher-ups cottoned on to the fact the author has no clue what to do with the story. I guess this must not be doing well overseas, either.

's fine, while the chibi forms are cute the premise has worn so thin you can see there's nothing behind it.

Dex-chan lover
Awful writing in this one. The stalling on the only interesting bit (the sister subplot) is unbelievable.

The fact that the chapter started off suggesting they were finally about to get to the fucking point, then twisted themselves into a pretzel to dodge any kind of progression makes it even worse.

Dex-chan lover
my god this series :aquadrink:

i think it means the return will be announced on the new service, but if this really the end of the translation, ill miss this train wreck

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"japan-only"? so no more [official] translations after hiatus ends?
I think it means that the return announcement will only made through the Japanese social media accounts for Shonen Jump+. I imagine if the translation was ending it would be stated more clearly.

Dex-chan lover
i agree with much of the sentiment in this section. the misunderstanding-comedy routine gets old (and for me, it gets old really quick). the manga is tries to tell a story about a brother looking for anything about his sister's past since she's dead, but does a complete 180, and it become a story about a teacher and his student and one big misunderstanding.
this series could have been funny, but it seems the author had no idea how to write plot without it revolving around the misunderstanding, using it only to drag out the story (like padding the time in a movie with filler). if you want misunderstanding-elements, make it part of a side character, not your MC!! As readers we have to read from that person's perspective, so its really irritating to read how, for lack of a better word, dumb he is.

I want to see some advancement with the series and plot, obviously, but if it its more than this, then......ugh.

Dex-chan lover
Hiatus, huh? Guess the higher-ups cottoned on to the fact the author has no clue what to do with the story. I guess this must not be doing well overseas, either.

's fine, while the chibi forms are cute the premise has worn so thin you can see there's nothing behind it.
No? It's a health issue.

Dex-chan lover
How old is the teacher? He seems like he's in bus 30s, but the store owner calls him young man and looks like he's in his 20s...

Users who are viewing this thread