TSUYOSHI - Vol. 15 Ch. 158 - Talent

Dex-chan lover
casually forgetting that he was abducted and tortured/trained by the russians to do exactly that
He was like that before the training too he's just learned to weaponize it better. Reminder he was a punk who beat up on people till Tsuyoshi scared the life out of him and he basically just hides in his room after that while making excuses.

Dex-chan lover
He was like that before the training too he's just learned to weaponize it better. Reminder he was a punk who beat up on people till Tsuyoshi scared the life out of him and he basically just hides in his room after that while making excuses.
Exactly! I don’t care if this dude was abused by his dad as a kid. Instead of taking that experience and learning from it, he’s done nothing but use his athletic talents for selfish shit, with no sign of ever learning from his fuck ups.

He gets karma for always being a thug, and what does he do? He quit karate after years of dedicating himself to it, drops out of ducking college, and becomes a shut in loser Simp. Who hates the only guy who genuinely bothered to check in on him and wanted to be his friend. All purely because deep down he knows this guy is a better human being than he EVER will be.

I’ll take courageous cringe over callous cowardice any day

Dex-chan lover
Exactly! I don’t care if this dude was abused by his dad as a kid. Instead of taking that experience and learning from it, he’s done nothing but use his athletic talents for selfish shit, with no sign of ever learning from his fuck ups.

He gets karma for always being a thug, and what does he do? He quit karate after years of dedicating himself to it, drops out of ducking college, and becomes a shut in loser Simp. Who hates the only guy who genuinely bothered to check in on him and wanted to be his friend. All purely because deep down he knows this guy is a better human being than he EVER will be.

I’ll take courageous cringe over callous cowardice any day
Yes, how dare he choose to be born in a broken and abusive household? Why didn't he learn from his experience and become a sentai ranger? He could be a shining example for the countless inmates in the US prison system who have had similar circumstances!

As for the 2nd half of your post, if you honestly believe Teru hates Hoshizaki then you need to reread the manga. Teru hates how much of a busybody he is, but most importantly, he's JEALOUS of him. Do you think he would have spoken with him or even bothered telling Hoshizaki anything about Tsuyoshi if he hated him?

Also, and this is the most important part, THIS IS A GAG MANGA. The characters are supposed to be flanderized, which even the densest person would have noticed when they see a 2 page spread of Hoshizaki calling him a baldy

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yes, how dare he choose to be born in a broken and abusive household? Why didn't he learn from his experience and become a sentai ranger? He could be a shining example for the countless inmates in the US prison system who have had similar circumstances!

If you’re petty enough to believe that “don’t be a asshole to people who don’t deserve it” translates to all that then you’re more moronic than I thought

As for the 2nd half of your post, if you honestly believe Teru hates Hoshizaki then you need to reread the manga. Teru hates how much of a busybody he is, but most importantly, he's JEALOUS of him. Do you think he would have spoken with him or even bothered telling Hoshizaki anything about Tsuyoshi if he hated him?
Literally none of their interactions have been remotely positive or shown any positive willingness to reciprocate goodwill. At best Teru tolerates him because he quite literally has nothing else better to do with his life anymore but anytime karate bro tries to take things further. He’s shot down almost every time. Even now Teru is only helping because a cute girl is involved and he’s afraid of the MC. So yes he hates him

Also, and this is the most important part, THIS IS A GAG MANGA. The characters are supposed to be flanderized, which even the densest person would have noticed when they see a 2 page spread of Hoshizaki calling him a baldy
Whether it’s a gag manga or not is irrelevant. The gag is just annoying at this point. If you think it’s funny, good for you, but don’t act like the rest of us are chuckling watching an asshole continuously be an just a textbook insecure asshole

Dex-chan lover
If you’re petty enough to believe that “don’t be a asshole to people who don’t deserve it” translates to all that then you’re more moronic than I thought
Coming from the guy who lives vicariously through manga?
And no, that's not at all what that part of my post was trying to say.
Literally none of their interactions have been remotely positive or shown any positive willingness to reciprocate goodwill. At best Teru tolerates him because he quite literally has nothing else better to do with his life anymore but anytime karate bro tries to take things further. He’s shot down almost every time. Even now Teru is only helping because a cute girl is involved and he’s afraid of the MC. So yes he hates him
Lets pretend there aren't countless flashbacks obviously proving you wrong from the very start. If what you're claiming is true, why would Hoshizaki even bother with him? The answer is in yet another one of those flashback scenes. Reread the manga.
And for the rest of your post, once again it's because Teru's a flanderized version of a Hikki-NEET. If for some reason that wasn't a good enough answer for you, maybe the TWO TIMES he was traumatised by Tsuyoshi to the point where he learned how futile his talent and pursuit of strength were compared to the overwhelming strength might make it more obvious to your pea-brain.
Whether it’s a gag manga or not is irrelevant. The gag is just annoying at this point. If you think it’s funny, good for you, but don’t act like the rest of us are chuckling watching an asshole continuously be an just a textbook insecure asshole
Whether or not it's a gag manga is by far the most important part, what the hell are you talking about? This is like complaining about Master Roshi being a pervert. It's not about whether or not you find it funny. The point of the gag is to exist. If you want characters to have a complete 180 in their personality, maybe you should read josei manga instead

See this is what I mean. I don't care how cringe you see Hoshizaki as at least he's genuine. Teru is such a dishonest bitch all the time I can't stand it.
Yeah if I remember correctly, this idiot was basically on his way to just becoming a small time Yakuza thug before he got dunked on by yoshi and ran from that thug life. The Russians didn’t make him this way. He was always devoid of any redeeming qualities. Even something simple like pattern and social landmine recognition is beyond him.

- it’s why he lost to the muscle head. AKA the weakest member of the Chinese team

- why he was so easily manipulated by a chick he just met

- why the karate guy keeps improving while his combat prowess keeps fluctuating

- why he can’t get over his irrational fear of the MC who LITERALLY won’t hurt you as long as you stay out of his life

- why he’s only other friend(the blonde kung fu brat) in this series is ALSO a massive jackass

Maybe the joke about him being a scum bag was “funny” at first but now it just feels repetitive after over 150+ chapters of having to put up with no return on panel time invested in his “journey”.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hope yall arn't under the impression that I think Teru is a bad character or his lack of development is a problem cuz it isn't but man is he a bitch lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread