Twitter Media Embed Not Always Working

Aggregator gang
I just posted a lot of twitter media embeds to show off the original twitter versions of a comic which has a book version with new drawings but two of the embeds failed for no apparent reason:

The twitter user's name seems to have been replaced by "i" for some reason and I can't find a way to change it. It wasn't like that in the links I posted. Despite this, you can follow the links to the correct pages.

Contributor
I just posted a lot of twitter media embeds to show off the original twitter versions of a comic which has a book version with new drawings but two of the embeds failed for no apparent reason
I would first probably blame twitter with all of their changes breaking something within the forum software for generating embeds. If thats the case then its possible the only solution would be to wait for xenforo (or perhaps a plug-in dev) to release a fix for it.

The twitter user's name seems to have been replaced by "i" for some reason and I can't find a way to change it. It wasn't like that in the links I posted. Despite this, you can follow the links to the correct pages.
When you enter the twitter link the forum software automatically converts it into that format (i.e. its how the media tag works). This format is how you get embeds to work reliably for a long time (until some billionaire does something dumb) because users can change their username on twitter which would break links that used their username.

Aggregator gang
I would first probably blame twitter with all of their changes breaking something within the forum software for generating embeds. If thats the case then its possible the only solution would be to wait for xenforo (or perhaps a plug-in dev) to release a fix for it.

When you enter the twitter link the forum software automatically converts it into that format (i.e. its how the media tag works). This format is how you get embeds to work reliably for a long time (until some billionaire does something dumb) because users can change their username on twitter which would break links that used their username.
It's odd that only two embeds broke out of the 10-15 that I did. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread