Typing the mangadex.org RL suddenly sent me to a non-private connection page

One of those weird things that I would admit might be silly asking around, I think?, but it still threw me off a little. Mere minutes ago I typed the per usual mangadex.org in the URL bar in Chrome... and I was suddenly received with a Chrome page warning me about the site being a "non-private connection" one.

The thing is I'm pretty sure it was the same "https://mangadex.org" one. Not a phishing one, at all? And unless I'm unaware of Chrome not keeping those "non-private" URLs on History (do they?), I'm pretty sure it wasn't a typo I made. It only lasted a couple of seconds until I went back and typed the correct URL, and I was received with the normal website as it is ("safe connection" and all).

I am not sure if this was a simply mistake of my part... or maybe it could have been a potential bug...?

Still asking and sharing this bit just in case.

@MavB_Ver
Thank you for sharing this info with me.

Hmmm. Interesting.

The thing is that I am not in the US (so I am not under Verizon/Comcast/CenturyLink)... and I'm not using a VPN, and I don't have McAfee as an antivirus (I'm using Windows Defender). COULD have been a thing from my local internet service provider, however (I wouldn't be 100% surprised either, if that's the case)... and a fun thing went to another 😑.

It only happened once earlier today, so... hoping it's a thing that could fix itself.

Dex-chan lover
Are you using a different security software that replaces the SSL certificates?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@iris_19 If it happens again, click "more details" or whatever the equivalent in Chrome is, and take a screenshot of the entire page. If it's like the McAfee situation, the URL won't match the certificate.

Users who are viewing this thread