Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch

Finally I got a chance to finished the endless torture and get the best ending ( i꒳​i )

My favourite game ever + my favourite character in Umineko as the protag of the episode + the best episode in the series + my favourite manga adaption in the series + my favourite manga artist drawing it = probably the best time I spent with any literature

Dex-chan lover
I literally started the manga as soon as I finished the VN - I just wanted to continue basking in it, I loved the story so much. If anyone is ever wondering if it’s worth reading the manga after playing the game, the answer is absolutely. The manga elaborates on so much.

Fuck, and now onto a world where I’m done with Umineko, at least for now. Feels kinda sad.

I feel burned out.
I was really tired of how plot was branching away with scarce progress over main plotline so I looked ahead to get outline of how things will develop. Honestly, I don't like the idea of this outcome at all. I can see its consistency since from the beginning Battler fought to prove all of this was within human limits. However, after all these conceptual battles and meetings with almighty witches, the ending feels so... cheap and lackluster. Demons? Nah, guns and bombs. Battles of concepts? Who needs them anyway. Golden witch Beatrice? You must be wrong, there are no witches on Rokkenjima.
What was the whole point of elaborate riddles then? It really feels the great deal of attention that was paid to closed room cases in the eventual scale of things ultimately ended up being unrelated. I may be wrong since I just skimmed over the main plot points but it seems that the entirety of the plot is just a way for the protagonist to cope with his trauma. That was a low blow for me. It's one thing when you yourself know that the events in the book are not real; it's another thing when a character in-world admits that all this time, the events you watched development of were not real. I think that everything that the characters went through was of no importance at all and I can't get rid of this thought.
I will be back to read it how it was meant to be read, but for now I'm too disappointed to continue.

Dex-chan lover
Absolutely fantastic rendition of the VN chapter 8, and I would even go as far to say that this was better than the original finale. I leave this manga ultimately satisfied.
My questions have all been answered and I leave the series with an absolute understanding of the characters and the message Ryukishi had intended.
I leave with my heart far fuller than I could have expected.

reu

Dex-chan lover
Just gonna leave this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFyzTtKNzYI
@exxeld always see you posting on the better series, your taste is pretty based
Also fuck it's already been a decade

What a wonderful story... Ending was not as ideal as I want it to be but I am completely fine with it. Wow. Still a few questions here and there but it did really explained all the mysteries nicely.

Oh I'm sorry it's "fantasies"

Users who are viewing this thread