Until I Become Me - Ch. 63

Double-page supporter
yooo what is going on!!! i literally started reading this last week! thank you!!
the text from the nurse at the beginning totally felt like a flag was raised so i'm glad Rumi accepted Akira.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ahhhhhhhhh.

Rumi really is the sweetest character. Instant acceptance, instant thinking of Akira's emotions/choices/etc. And of course good on Akira for being brave enough to tell her not only the secret but also that all of the choices really did become her own too.

Also shout out to Okabe, she really is basically Akira's big sister.

Dex-chan lover
Man those two need to get together, they even had a fucking aquarium date, that is basically a staple of yuri :notlikethis:

Actually, now that Rumi know Akira was a guy, ergo, like girls, will she full-on explicitly put the moves on her?
I admit I don't remember super well, but I rember that we always had pretty heavy implications that Rumi is in love with Akira, but maybe never did anything because she didn't know if she had a chance, but with this now she could safely assume she has chance :meguusmug:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
now that Rumi know Akira was a guy, ergo, like girls
While it's possible Rumi might assume that, there's definitely a constant idea so far that Akira needs to disconnect her sexuality from her sex, rather than seeing it as a binary of "if i like girls then i must be a guy/if im a guy i must like girls" (and vice versa with being a girl and liking guys). And I don't think Rumi would be one to try and enforce that idea that if Akira used to be a guy she must like girls, especially if Rumi, as implied, likes Akira, and therefore knows that it doesn't matter if Akira was a guy for her liking girls now.

Dex-chan lover
While it's possible Rumi might assume that, there's definitely a constant idea so far that Akira needs to disconnect her sexuality from her sex, rather than seeing it as a binary of "if i like girls then i must be a guy/if im a guy i must like girls" (and vice versa with being a girl and liking guys). And I don't think Rumi would be one to try and enforce that idea that if Akira used to be a guy she must like girls, especially if Rumi, as implied, likes Akira, and therefore knows that it doesn't matter if Akira was a guy for her liking girls now.
That is a fair point, Akira sexuality is still pretty up in the air, though I don't remember implications that she likes boys, just that the story show her being confused because since she's now a girl, she thinks should like boys now, I honestly don't remember the story touching that much except that one time another character made clear she don't need to necessarily like boys because she's a girl, and that her sexuality is separate from her sex and gender.

You're right that Rumi definitely won't force anything, but I do hope she will at least be more proactive to make Akira at least think about it again, it's hard to say when it'll go anywhere since the manga is a pretty slow burn, but at least I do hope Rumi possible feelings for Akira will have more focus now.

But maybe that's just me on yuri copium :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
That is a fair point, Akira sexuality is still pretty up in the air, though I don't remember implications that she likes boys, just that the story show her being confused because since she's now a girl, she thinks should like boys now, I honestly don't remember the story touching that much except that one time another character made clear she don't need to necessarily like boys because she's a girl, and that her sexuality is separate from her sex and gender.

You're right that Rumi definitely won't force anything, but I do hope she will at least be more proactive to make Akira at least think about it again, it's hard to say when it'll go anywhere since the manga is a pretty slow burn, but at least I do hope Rumi possible feelings for Akira will have more focus now.

But maybe that's just me on yuri copium :meguuusad:
This manga has slow af updates so hard to remember where, but I'm pretty sure Akari has been implied to potentially like guys as well on a few occasions, tbh my assumption has been that she's bi and that's not common for me so I assume I've had some reason for thinking it, but either way Rumi is the clear obvious main interest. It's definitely been set up to go towards Rumi, especially with this latest arc focusing on how they need to talk about their feelings more, and presumably attraction will come up again soon.

Aggregator gang
As a refresher, last chapter was Akira being bashful during and embarrassed after Natsumi forced Akira to touch her breast with obligatory heteronormative "you're not a boy, you don't need to feel embarrassed." Akira definitely likes girls, whether or not boys are on the radar, and definitely Rumi is in her spotlight.

Dex-chan lover
This manga has slow af updates so hard to remember where, but I'm pretty sure Akari has been implied to potentially like guys as well on a few occasions, tbh my assumption has been that she's bi and that's not common for me so I assume I've had some reason for thinking it, but either way Rumi is the clear obvious main interest. It's definitely been set up to go towards Rumi, especially with this latest arc focusing on how they need to talk about their feelings more, and presumably attraction will come up again soon.
I'm half vaguely remembering half guessing, the only boy I remember maaaybe having any possible implications of possible romance is that boy with anger issues, anything else I only remember of Akira wondering about her own sexuality.
I really need to read it again lol

Either way I agree Rumi is definitely the main love interest, part of the reason I feel they'll get together is because she was always pretty clearly the most important person in Akira life, who always was there for her and supported her with pretty much everything, only reason I think Akira never put more thought into it is because she's confused about her own sexuality and most of the time we never get more of that plot point, plus maybe never imagining Rumi is into girls too.

I don't know, I kinda of get the vibes that them getting together makes more sense thematically, from what I vaguely remember part of the story is Akira questioning who she is, with sexuality being part of that, she coming to terms with still liking girls and that she's still basically the same person independent if she's a boy or girl, it would make sense them getting together, especially since the story feels like setting that up for a long time.

Or I'm just rationalizing why it should end in yuri, which will inevitably will end in pain when I'm proven wrong :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
As a refresher, last chapter was Akira being bashful during and embarrassed after Natsumi forced Akira to touch her breast with obligatory heteronormative "you're not a boy, you don't need to feel embarrassed." Akira definitely likes girls, whether or not boys are on the radar, and definitely Rumi is in her spotlight.
She what now? reads chapter again
Jeez, I completely forgot that, I just hope we won't have typical obligatory going out with boy cliche to figure out she still like girls, especially since even if she likes boys she isn't interested in one at the moment, so it would be typical forced going out with boy because it's expected of a girl after getting a confession.
I hope none of that will happen because so far it avoided the typical pitfalls of gender bender manga.

Dex-chan lover
Either way I agree Rumi is definitely the main love interest, part of the reason I feel they'll get together is because she was always pretty clearly the most important person in Akira life, who always was there for her and supported her with pretty much everything, only reason I think Akira never put more thought into it is because she's confused about her own sexuality and most of the time we never get more of that plot point, plus maybe never imagining Rumi is into girls too.

I don't know, I kinda of get the vibes that them getting together makes more sense thematically, from what I vaguely remember part of the story is Akira questioning who she is, with sexuality being part of that, she coming to terms with still liking girls and that she's still basically the same person independent if she's a boy or girl, it would make sense them getting together, especially since the story feels like setting that up for a long time.

Or I'm just rationalizing why it should end in yuri, which will inevitably will end in pain when I'm proven wrong :meguuusad:
No need to rationalize when its just the truth, Rumi is very much the main love interest and the only person shown with a clear and consistent interest. Definitely agree with you
She what now? reads chapter again
Jeez, I completely forgot that, I just hope we won't have typical obligatory going out with boy cliche to figure out she still like girls, especially since even if she likes boys she isn't interested in one at the moment, so it would be typical forced going out with boy because it's expected of a girl after getting a confession.
I hope none of that will happen because so far it avoided the typical pitfalls of gender bender manga.
There was a chance for that earlier and it was passed, so I don't think the manga will go that way, would be weird to try it twice. And yeah, this manga has been just, so good on how it handles its themes and premise, so much different than like any other gender-bender that I know. Tis the good shit

We finally got here! I'm so happy it turned out well. I was really afraid of this spiraling into something horrible. I need the next chapter injected into my veins!

Dex-chan lover
Oh god I need the next chapter as now I really want to know how they interact after the confession. Glad it's finally happened. Curious if others will know.

Dex-chan lover
NO WAY DUDE
WHERE THE FUCK IS NANA
THE AUTHOR JUST MISSED OUT ON SO MUCH JUICY DRAMA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Users who are viewing this thread