Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Vol. 4 Ch. 42 - Family Restaurant Employee ③

Dex-chan lover
I had a suspicion that the supernatural occurrence for this arc was that it was some kind of ghost time loop, glad to see I was correct. Hilarious though that the way to break out of the loop was to just beat up the killer ghost.

And no wonder that the other gray workers were spitting out death flags, they were already dead.

One thing I kinda wonder though, if the whole place is essentially a ghost place, what about the food that the two women are while they were there? Does it not exist and they've been eating nothing this whole time? Or maybe I'm thinking too much lol.

Dex-chan lover
I had a suspicion that the supernatural occurrence for this arc was that it was some kind of ghost time loop, glad to see I was correct. Hilarious though that the way to break out of the loop was to just beat up the killer ghost.

And no wonder that the other gray workers were spitting out death flags, they were already dead.

One thing I kinda wonder though, if the whole place is essentially a ghost place, what about the food that the two women are while they were there? Does it not exist and they've been eating nothing this whole time? Or maybe I'm thinking too much lol.
If you think it hurts, it hurts. Maybe by the same logic, if you think you're eating, you're eating.

Group Leader
Sad about the death flag family. What's weird is that it seems they had a baby after this ordeal? So they still progressed as normal even in the ghost loop.

The restaurant owner seems really sus. Why was he sweating balls ? Cuz the girls found the out? Is he part of the problem?

Dex-chan lover
If you think it hurts, it hurts. Maybe by the same logic, if you think you're eating, you're eating.
Makes sense actually.

Sad about the death flag family. What's weird is that it seems they had a baby after this ordeal? So they still progressed as normal even in the ghost loop.

The restaurant owner seems really sus. Why was he sweating balls ? Cuz the girls found the out? Is he part of the problem?
The ghost gray workers couple didn't have the baby after this, it's more like the mom eternally has the fetus inside her which is also going haywire.

Also I'm assuming the restaurant owner was the one who asked the detective to investigate the restaurant, I guess he's just sweating a lot because of the horror of understanding the curse? Or something like that, because he did basically send a bunch of people to their deaths before finally getting a countermeasure after this loop.

Group Leader
I don't think that last image is meant to suggest that she gave birth. Quite the contrary.
I saw it as her holding her baby but due to it being a baby it couldn't keep it's form as well as adults could

Group Leader
I don't think that last image is meant to suggest that she gave birth. Quite the contrary.
I saw it as her holding her baby but due to it being a baby it couldn't keep it's form as well as a
Makes sense actually.

The ghost gray workers couple didn't have the baby after this, it's more like the mom eternally has the fetus inside her which is also going haywire.

Also I'm assuming the restaurant owner was the one who asked the detective to investigate the restaurant, I guess he's just sweating a lot because of the horror of understanding the curse? Or something like that, because he did basically send a bunch of people to their deaths before finally getting a countermeasure after this loop.
The thing is that this reminds me of the teacher story. The owner clearly knows something related to it cuz he warns them to never leave the restaurant which is what breaks the curse. His nervousness seeing their success screams to me "oh shit they weren't supposed to get out of this"

Dex-chan lover
Pretty straight forward this time.Feels bad for the baby though but it's still a mystery how it got delivered,etc2 but whatever. They really need to get back to 4 chapters for a story for those weird and confusing stories.

To be honest, the story will be much better if they skip mentioning about Shirahama's track record of being a successful gray worker. Risa and Hirose were ghosts of the past. They should not have information about Shirahama. I think this is the only part that breaks the logic. 😔

Dex-chan lover
Smell still only comes from stuff that actually wants to harm them.
To be honest, the story will be much better if they skip mentioning about Shirahama's track record of being a successful gray worker. Risa and Hirose were ghosts of the past. They should not have information about Shirahama. I think this is the only part that breaks the logic. 😔
I assume they are the previous hires, which is why they kept their form and why they know about Shirahama

Dex-chan lover
I saw it as her holding her baby but due to it being a baby it couldn't keep it's form as well as a

The thing is that this reminds me of the teacher story. The owner clearly knows something related to it cuz he warns them to never leave the restaurant which is what breaks the curse. His nervousness seeing their success screams to me "oh shit they weren't supposed to get out of this"
thought so too but considering he said to not go outside it's like he at least is giving new employees chances, sucks that he's unpunished though

Dex-chan lover
they only started last year so i guess a few has passed since the start of the timeline

Dex-chan lover
man i feel bad for the couple
Me too. At least they're together in whatever world they inhabit.

A lot of folks seem to think their baby was delivered, but I disagree. At the end, when we see Hirose and Risa "several years later", Risa is still pregnant. According to Yagi on page 16, "some [integrated] people are no longer able to maintain their form." With that in mind, I believe we're able to see the fetus within Risa's womb because her integrated body is breaking down into an abstract scribble.

Also, despite Kenji, the restaurant owner, seeming creepy at times, he really was trying to help when warning Hama and Yuma not to leave the restaurant. Those who try to escape the massacre in the most obvious way, such as by fleeing, are often integrated into the time loop. Hama explains this to Hirose and Risa on page 17, and Yuma backs her up, saying, "outside stinks."

It's hard to understand why the owner keeps feeding people into the restaurant-slash-time-loop. There's nothing forcing him to do so, and the restaurant is obviously cursed. Even if the owner wanted to keep making money with it, you'd think the cost of ura baito staffing would be prohibitive. Perhaps he's unable to get rid of the restaurant and feels obligated to take care of it for the sake of the parent company?

The author likes to leave questions unanswered ¯\(ツ)

Dex-chan lover
Me too. At least they're together in whatever world they inhabit.

A lot of folks seem to think their baby was delivered, but I disagree. At the end, when we see Hirose and Risa "several years later", Risa is still pregnant. According to Yagi on page 16, "some [integrated] people are no longer able to maintain their form." With that in mind, I believe we're able to see the fetus within Risa's womb because her integrated body is breaking down into an abstract scribble.

Also, despite Kenji, the restaurant owner, seeming creepy at times, he really was trying to help when warning Hama and Yuma not to leave the restaurant. Those who try to escape the massacre in the most obvious way, such as by fleeing, are often integrated into the time loop. Hama explains this to Hirose and Risa on page 17, and Yuma backs her up, saying, "outside stinks."

It's hard to understand why the owner keeps feeding people into the restaurant-slash-time-loop. There's nothing forcing him to do so, and the restaurant is obviously cursed. Even if the owner wanted to keep making money with it, you'd think the cost of ura baito staffing would be prohibitive. Perhaps he's unable to get rid of the restaurant and feels obligated to take care of it for the sake of the parent company?

The author likes to leave questions unanswered ¯\(ツ)
That was briefly explained. If he doesn't feed people to it every so often to replace the integrated workers that deteriorate, staff from other Must locations will be transferred automatically.

Dex-chan lover
That was briefly explained. If he doesn't feed people to it every so often to replace the integrated workers that deteriorate, staff from other Must locations will be transferred automatically.
Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot 🙃

Dex-chan lover
Whew. I really like how the shape of this fits together. The focus on the diners talking about their futures, the couple of grey workers who want to build a life together... and the way the breaking down ghosts scribble and abstract like that is really haunting.

Users who are viewing this thread