User who creates useless tabs

Solution
To be fair, even if they don't have the chapters uploaded it's better to have them on record so other people don't think they've gone crazy trying to remember a manga they've seen long ago.
Dex-chan lover
I think this someone have a neurosis. Not sure what is the exact medical term, or if there is any. I get the notion that this someone have the compulsion to create an index on what physical mangas they have.

There are somewhat cases reminiscence of this on another forum I go: Some members would incessantly "Liked" every single post in a thread. Since the reaction was logged and an alert can be sent to the members involved, one can see that this person "Liked" 3 pages of posts under 2 minutes. The kicker is, when you go to their profile to see their activities, it even gets more suspicious: most often than not, this person doesn't post anything since the date of their registration.

Its kinda sad really.

Contributor
Sometimes people add new manga entry to giving them exposure.

For example, I added several Indonesian comic despite no one fantranslated them. Several days later, someone actually picking one of them and translating it to English.

...Or maybe they want to use Mangadex as a manga tracker. Among any English manga database, Mangadex is the most flexible and fast. You don't need to wait weeks, or even months just to see them actually added to database.

For comparison, here's the average time taken for other database:
  • Mangadex: instant, + drafting feature, not present on other database
  • MangaUpdates: ~1 day (they don't allow oneshot unless someone actually translating them)
  • AniList and Kitsu: ~1 week
  • MyAnimeList: ~3 months

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread