Usogui - Vol. 18 Ch. 194 - Kakerou VS Kakerou

Dex-chan lover
Wait, who are they implying is the one with the alibi that shouldn't exist? Baku himself?

Dex-chan lover
Heres a rundown based on what we see so far. In the past Baku played a game (unknown if it was like yukii's labyrinth game) and lost, meaning he lost his alibi for a day, got convicted of something he didnt do and served hard labor for a period of time. The murderer of said case was karusuyama. Now cut to present. Karusuyama is about to be revealed as the real murderer. This will create a paradox, as kakerou had taken the day from baku. If Baku reveals the murderer, it will be as if he is stealing back his "day" from kakerou, something they cannot allow.

Dex-chan lover
Also having Baku's alibi revealed would be huge egg on the face for the MPD.

Double-page supporter
@Veshv

It's some random person who was arrested for Panel C's murder crime as a scapegoat from the Labyrinth gamble. Baku, in trying to reveal Panel C's real murderer, is saying he'll prove the fabricated culprit was falsely charged by providing a new alibi. All alibis of that day were supposed to be taken by Kakerou, so Kakerou must stop the broadcasting of that evidence and get rid of it.

Midara is obligated as a referee to make sure the game isn't interrupted, but Kakerou is obligated to stop the game. Even though Midara is a part of Kakerou, it seems his role as a referee comes first. So Mitowa was calling Baku a "death god" because he is forcing Midara to fight against Kakerou (and presumably die, since Mitowa is higher ranked than him).

Took me a couple of re-reads to understand it, it's pretty confusing. First I thought it was Midara's crime because of the face he made lol.

Dex-chan lover
@catx3
Thanks for that explanation, I wasn't sure what Midara's face meant either when I was reading through it.

So since this is a flashback, Midara's either already dead or knocked out huh.

Dex-chan lover
yeah cat, that seems more correct. I think the face midara made was cause he got baited into being a literal meatshield for the sake of baku.

Double-page supporter
@the9813

I don't think it is Baku's alibi, just some random person who got tricked by the labyrinth gamble. Because on p12 it says "The culprit ... was sentenced to indefinite intensive labor." So the person should be in prison for life. It's confusing because Mitowa is talking about the 'tricked person' and switches to talking about Baku right after.

edit: Oops, just saw your message. Yeah, Midara's face is really confusing, but makes sense since he got used hard by Baku.

If Midara is really dead, then this would mark the 3th referee death in short time frame, which has happened during Usogui's gamble.

I wonder if the leader will take some action based on this fact..

Dex-chan lover
Cat explanation makes sense, thank you. I was kinda lost. Although I have to add, this Nowa (btw, is the Nowas nephew or something) isnt necessarily stronger than Midara. The numbers dont mean anything anymore if I remember correctly.

Dex-chan lover
actually its the opposite bel, ever since the abandoned mine gamble numbers have meaning now. Those who are closer to 0 are assumed to be more powerful. Only those who have had 0 as their exclusive referee can now surpass the leader

Dex-chan lover
What about Nowa? He is 1 and I seriously dont see him fighting. Also, what about Mekama? Its difficult to believe he was stronger than Midara given how Yakkou recked him.

Or wait, you mean to say that Leader decided to make the numbers valid from then on? But then its still far too recent a development to make that 8 mean anything.

Dex-chan lover
The leader did decide to make numbers relevant again after the hangman game, since for a long time before then they didn't matter. It's not confirmed that this Nowa is stronger than Midara, but you gotta wonder how they managed to shut off the broadcast in current time if Midara beat him. Maybe the re-enforcements did it? Since it's basically Midara vs Kakerou more than Kakerou vs Kakerou.

I think old man Nowa most likely either forfeited his rank to challengers or is already dead from a referee challenge.
Of course he could just end up fooling us all with the wheelchair and actually be a powerful monster of a ref.

Dex-chan lover
@Veshv i like the last option more, like a Master Roshi situation in which he can get himself all buff for a short period of time and wreck hell.

@catx3 thanks a lot for that explanation, i was thinking that Midara was the murderer and that he sabotaged the broadcast to save himself so the rest of Kakerou had to intervene to stop a referee gone rouge, man was i lost.

Dex-chan lover
Did you guys actually clean that one sound effect of the guard's head getting crushed in? Either way, it was beautiful.

Thanks Team Duwang.

@Veshv There are two options:
1. The referees can directly challenge number 0.
2. The referees have to work their way up to number 0 by challenging referees 1,2,3...

Based on the events in the abandoned mine, it is most likely option 1. In that case, there is only real reason to challenge referee 0, challenging other referees would be just to prove themselves like Kyara, or to kill boredom, or personal reasons like Mekama. Everyone knows that Nowa is a weak old man in wheelchair, so there is no reason for the others to challenge him.

If it's option 2, they would have to defeat Yakou in 10 seconds to get to Nowa so yeah... Good luck with that.

Double-page supporter
You now notice baku's hand is on backwards in the first panel.

Users who are viewing this thread