Usogui - Vol. 19 Ch. 206 - Referee Number Zero

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapters !!!
I have been so hyped for Tatsuki’s appearence!! and now I can’t get over his heelys

Dex-chan lover
Gotta wonder, wouldn't the rank 0 being the one to show up be within Baku's plans? Part of the conditions for surpassing the leader challenge is for the referee of the challenger to be rank 0. Even with the karamete and 50 billion, Baku would have been unable to actually challenge the Leader without this development.

Double-page supporter
@Veshv

Yeah, although the situation is strange, since Suteguma's exclusive referee is #35. Did Baku really predict that A) His opponent would be Suteguma, a Kakerou member, and B) That his exclusive referee was occupied, and that his second referee was No. 0?

Speculation
Something that's confusing me is why Baku accepted this match in the first place. If all Baku wanted was to protect the tower, then he could've hosted a fake match against Marco or Karl or something. So either Baku knew that the No. 0 is coming, or he plans to get something else out of Suteguma's presence...? Not quite sure yet.

Also, I'm so digging those dress shoe heelies.

Contributor
HEELYS MAN! A kid's toy made cool by a grown man! Hot fucking damn!

Dex-chan lover
@catx3

Was Baku not the one who proposed the match? It may be possible that he didn't care about Sutegama, but rather knew that Kakerou would send Referee 0 as an excuse no matter what. Since the Leader seemed set to accept Baku's challenge if he was successful in the tower gamble, maybe he was aware that Tatsuki would be the one to go.

One thing I liked about this chapter is that it reminded me of the first meeting between Baku and Kyara, where Baku's mannerisms made Kyara gain an interest in him. I think something similar happened with Sutegama and Tatsuki.

Double-page supporter
@Veshv

Yeah, Baku proposed it, but to the Letter Z dude who got killed instantly. I guess the fact that he challenged the politician in itself is weird, because it doesn't seem like he gains anything from it. He didn't seem to care that his opponent changed, so either he didn't care about the opponent in the first place, or he knew all along that Suteguma would take his opponent's place.

The Leader sending Tatsuki on purpose to support Baku's surpassing the leader challenge sounds interesting, I like the idea. If that's true, then perhaps the whole '#35 having a match at the moment' could have just been an excuse.

Also, speculation about Suteguma
I wonder what Suteguma's "abilities" are? He managed to beat the poker master consistently with only a slightly better hand each time. If he had some sort of way to peek at the opponent's hand, he shouldn't have been limited to 'barely winning' all the time, but instead always win whenever his hand was bigger. It seems he has some way of seeing the opponent's cards, but it's either 1) Limited, or 2) Not limited, but he barely won each hand on purpose to taunt his opponent?

I noticed it shows a camera on page 2, which reminds me of the Terrorist gamble where he used artifical vision to cheat. But even if Suteguma somehow had that, he shouldn't be able to make use of it in this Tower gamble, since it required rigged cameras. I'm thinking he has a more fundamental ability similar to Amako that could be used to cheat...

Baku must have known that #0 was going to arrive, because he even hinted at Yakou eventually challenging for it just a few chapters ago, so maybe the goal here is to get some intel about #0, and I also believe that Baku knew #0 would arrive, because one of the goals is also to protect the radio tower, and what better way to protect the tower than not only with a bunch of Kakerou members, but also some of the baddest dudes in Kakerou around. I also think that Baku is still picking at L-File members as well, and maybe the leader even anticipated on that.

Dex-chan lover
At this moment, Baku is using the L-File to blackmail the people listed to accept what is basically a Kakerou spy, I don't know what else he can be using it for at this very moment, unless there's someone listed there who could prove useful to his upcoming game's cheating method.

About Suteguma
It is interesting that he won barely, but it doesn't say whether or not he won every match that night. My guess is that he won constantly to force the Membership wager, which could mean that his barely winning act was to appeal to Tatsuki, imo. I wonder if his "ability" is some form of suggestion similar to what Baku can do. I think that sort of mirror matchup would make for quite a game.

Double-page supporter
@tack215

Ha, the heelys are way too hype. I'm assuming that the Kanji in his name is the same as the Leader's, right?

Users who are viewing this thread