Usogui - Vol. 34 Ch. 369 - The Gambler Who Didn't Pull

I hope this gets some nice conclusion, I dislike the idea of him losing like that after the speech about being different.
Hope there's a rule loophole I missed, can't reread thought, too little data traveling...
Thanks duwang!

Dex-chan lover
if there's a loophole they must be rule 6, since he didn't take attack yet

Dex-chan lover
Kaji only pulled the trigger on the shield as a scare tactic in the end, huh. Is the game forced to continue on until one of them is incapacitated, even though Kaji's down to 0 Bios?

Double-page supporter
@Veshv
No idea for certain, but I'm guessing that the minimum is 1 bios, since they have been betting it as their "lowest bet to get the shield". This sort of thing happened way back in the Labyrinth game too, coincidentally. The author seems to have an implicit rule of making 1 the minimum bet in his games, probably inspired from poker in order to keep games from stalling.

---

I really liked the scene at the end, especially how Kaji called out Baku's name in his time of distress. At first I thought it was completely hopeless (as the author shows 25k bios vs 0 to nail it in), but there may be a way to win still. I suspect Hal or Marco might come into play here, perhaps Hal might lend some bios, or Kaji might get Marco to forcefully steal bios from Floyd's partner or something. If Kaji can get just a bit of bios, he could pull an upset if Floyd thinks he used all his bios up and doesn't bet high anymore. If the winner doesn't get to keep the bet bios (since it wasn't outlined in the wager, just the exilings), then Floyd will have to worry about having bios for his potential upcoming fights against Hal/Marco, so he might not spend too much in the next bets.

Dex-chan lover
It's not over yet! Even if it was, coming this far already shows how different Kaji is, his insight and planning is already on a different dimension than before.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that was the real challenge of the game, and now he has no bios, oh boy.

Fed-Kun's army
So Kaji bet all his bios and Lee bet with the 1 betting on the fact he may not have enough bios and kaji wouldnt shoot?
Just wanted to clarify :)

Dex-chan lover
@Clooud
Based on Kaji's assumptions, he could win the gun by going all in. Floyd probably assumed Kaji would definitely go all in if he bet some ridiculous sum for the 2nd round. Floyd seems to be very good at reading Kaji, if not people in general, so he probably recognized that Kaji would have reservations about actually shooting to kill, and if nothing else, that hesitation would time him out even after going all-in, leading to that 1 Bios bet.

I'm still confused about that shield flying off the table. It doesn't seem like it got dented or anything, so how does the gunshot cause it to do that.

Contributor
Something tells me that one of these guys is going to end up taking the bullets out of the gun, if that's even possible.

Dex-chan lover
It's so strange that the amount of Floyd's bios is basically word of God now based on those exposition boxes. It means Kaji was pretty much exactly correct with his estimate?

Well done.

Dex-chan lover
@Lithe
Kaji overestimated by nearly 7k Bios, but otherwise his basic assumption of Floyd having more than just Ordeka's Bios was on the mark.

Dex-chan lover
@Veshv lmao you can tell I didn't want to go back and reread the bios count.

I'm still convinced the true mind game was/still is in the sketchy rules that the refs provided.
And Hal is still around, always a threat. He could develop a cool relationship with Kaji when they meet (Usogui's keikaku doori).

This is giving me the poker game vibes.
The thing is, if Kaji can get his hands on some Bios without Floyd knowing about it, he will gain the advantage again.

Such as, if he actually had more bios without knowing about it.

Users who are viewing this thread