Usogui - Vol. 37 Ch. 404 - Protoporos Nightmare

Dex-chan lover
Beautiful. I knew that slimy Arata was up to something, so they were colluding with Lalo or just planning on betraying Kakerou anyway? I would be surprised if they were working with Lalo since he's been fucking with their rations, but what the hell is that timing then? Is it just because the unification happened? On further thought, it wouldn't make sense for them to be working with Lalo since it seems like the Developers themselves are holed up later. Lalo is much more interesting than I thought. Also, was that whole scene with the former Private Funeral Division leader just to show that he still doesn't accept Hachina as the Leader and that's why he didn't completely obey the rules of the vest and thus avoided getting shocked? I'm loving where this is going. Like I thought, this is a real war now. Amazing!

Dex-chan lover
@299792458
Looks like he got shocked but just ripped it off before it could register another one. I don't think that Leader line is from him, but from the guy sitting on the terrace. Chief was leaning against a wall after all there. Lalo looks to be a "better" Suteguma, from what Baku's said about him.

I don't think Kaji really gambled with Nobuko, seeing as how she wasn't even there in the first place. Hal may have already sent her off the island to protect her from this Nightmare Week. Also, Ikon's shock scene is hilariously drawn.

Dex-chan lover
@Veshv Yeah, I keep missing details today. I completely missed that that was someone else there on the terrace lol. But yeah, thanks. Also, Lalo said that he didn't know what happened so that also confirms that he wasn't working with the developers (which wouldn't have made sense anyway). That guy on the terrace is probably someone from Arata's side. Will we see Hachina fight again?

@KeepTheFeather I forgot if HAL ever leveled up to be a high class or if he's still a slave but in this chapter Kaji said he challenged Nobuko and beat her forcing her to exile. And since all the other high classes were driven out already by outlaws and Lalo making all his citizens slaves only Baku, Champ and Ryuusei are the only high classes left on the island.

Dex-chan lover
So fucking hype. Has amen always been a girl? Looks like a girl from here but I kinda recall thinking she was a dude at first.
I'm not sure if Arata and Lalo are cooperating. Lalo was surprised about the shock too. But it was clear from the beggining Arata was playing his own game and Lalo and Baku fuckery on the island greatly helped him get there.

Lalo is pretty fun in that he "lost" and now its him going on a very collected frenzy and saying fuck you to the game. Kinda reminds me of that first interaction he had with Caracal while playing his game.

Double-page supporter
Kaji almost certainly didn't gamble with Nobuko, he was just making up a story so Champ and Ryuusei would understand why the island was being unified so quickly without giving it away. You can't see Nobuko in the room, only her vest and her ceremonial headpiece. It's likely Hal used the headpiece to pose as Nobuko in the castle (giving Lalo the signal that Shoudo is still OK, otherwise he wouldn't have attacked Baku) and then took her vest and simply let Kaji kill it.

Nobuko likely had to evacuate due to her injury, died outright from the attack, or is just hiding somewhere with her safety ensured. Her fate is rather ambiguous right now but I feel confident they wouldn't have just exiled her unceremoniously without letting us see.

Contributor
Fukurou, where are you?

Sneaky feeling Fukurou is either dead or he's disguised somewhere.

I remember how after the chapter where Baku lost his finger, there were comments (which I agreed with) that it seemed unnecessary for regular Baku. Booom, this chapter addresses it.

@belkrax Pretty sure Amen is a man, he has a mustache XD

Contributor
But yeah, now begins the true game. Oh man, I haven't had the feel of a survival game like this ever since games like the Escape the Abandoned building match and the Labyrinth match.

Double-page supporter
@Lithe @299792458
Not sure exactly, somewhere near the 410s! ❤❤

@saxifraga
Killing would be a waste, I think he'll either kidnap or steal their vests to use as a bargaining chip. If he gets just one of the three level 80s in his possession, he can put a complete stop to Baku's plan, and force a draw. Then he can possibly negotiate a Kakerou match with Baku, where they put the position of 'Kaiser' on the line.

@belkrax
What you said about the first interaction reminded me, how Caracal caught the knife on the handle, and here Marco caught the knife by the blade instead. Wonder if there's some meaning there, considering Caracal ended up dying, and Lalo at that time went on a whole rant about catching the knife perfectly.

Fri

Supporter
by the way, remind me. I think they might've explained it but this is a very long manga and I forgot. Has it ever been explained the history behind kakerou on how they become this weirdly powerful organization? I mean like, how in Kengan Asura it's explained that the Kengan organization was this organization of underground fight made to solve conflicts with one-on-one duel instead of wars.

Users who are viewing this thread