Usogui - Vol. 41 Ch. 445 - "The Calamity" And "The God Of Death"

Reading feels too much like reeding the next chapter in advance. We already know what will happen in the next one

Double-page supporter
Did Baku really not grasp the calamity before Lalo? I had assumed he let it happen to gain information, so nothing would be left to luck. In fact I would believe he was acting it up in this chapter if we weren't able to read his inner thoughts. A rare moment of miscalculation and weakness from Baku, something we haven't seen much. Really, Lalo has been the only one I recall ever truly one-upping him like this. Great for his character, honestly.

I really appreciate the faces in this arc. Lalo and Usogui are having the time of their lives.

Dex-chan lover
@BossCrab
I find it doubtful that Baku didn't see it coming either.
The author's thrown us off with Baku's thoughts before. Case in point: The entire Flash-forward in chapter 400. Hard to say what the other possibility of his act could be, though.

@Rapidlord
Quite possible. This island was a destination to outsource torture to, so these devices being on the island isn't surprising. And the whole spikes on opening lends to that idea.

Side note about the spikes, they don't fit into the holes on the opposite end. It looks silly.

He got me, Lalo bet on the calamity happening means that Lalo choosing 47 was not only because it's his strongest hand, but also because Lalo hoped to see the calamity and also win too (hence his 2 bios move to trap Baku; Lalo wants to win more). Calamity is still within Baku calculation I believe, but Lalo calculating the calamity too and act around that fact isn't within Baku's calculation.

Baku not folding isn't wrong, just as Shion said. Although Baku resolved the law, he didn't resolve the game as a whole which might give the 45 a super small chance of winning when a possible overlap occur. This fact and the fact that It's kinda safe anyway to call (due to Lalo action) change the nature of the call; it's no longer a choice, it's a must (this pisses Baku off).

He ended up looking happy because the game didn't end so easily.

To the guy who theorized regarding the time difference between round 1 and 2 that Hal wants to win ASAP for Baku, maybe it's the other way around. Hal got shanked by these spikes and thus didn't waste any time to create a hand. Kidding

Also someone mentioned memory loss for Hal, pretty fucked up scenario where Hal loses his memory here. Imagine waking up inside that contraption, not knowing anything. Fuck

Dex-chan lover
So it was indeed Hal and Fukurou the ones that are making the hands according to the numbers that they are given.
How does betting affect that?

@Doomroar that means the assumption that the numbers represent the strongest card possible is invalid. Which means that they can intentionally make a bad hand to save the best hand for the next round, intentionally use important cards so the enemy cant make a good hand, etc.

Double-page supporter
With Baku's god awful stamina I feel like he wouldn't actually win with something like 21-20

Users who are viewing this thread