Usogui - Vol. 46 Ch. 499 - The Hidden Setup

Double-page supporter
Hmm I wonder if pg12 is our hint that the clock is off and that leader dropped it perfectly on time, or that that's not the real handkerchief

@Marcyvq: I was thinking the same. Some possibilities:

[ol]1) He's testing to see if there's a way to drop it without making a sound (I know it was already established that it doesn't make a sound ... but maybe he's testing something)[/ol]
[ol]2) He's dropping it earlier before the minute begins just to check if you're allowed to.[/ol]
[ol]3) After Souichi dropped the handkerchief earl, the panel zoomed in on his mouth, as if he was about to say or bite something followed by the sound "Click". Is he trying to detect something or manipulate something? The title of the chapter is "The Hidden Setup" and I wonder it refers to Souichi's setup or if it refers to Baku's setup.[/ol]
[ol]4) Could the handkerchief be a different one than was given at the start of the game? Maybe Souichi picked up on that?[/ol]

Double-page supporter
@chrischewie @marcyvq
Yeah that scene is definitely odd. I also felt that it was leader trying to experiment with the handkerchief's dropping sound, like what Baku did at the start. He put his head/ears closer to it, maybe there's a way to hear it if the sound could be amplified or something. Like forming a cup with your ears as the "C"?

Or maybe he'll use what Yakou said? Because of Yakou's words, Baku knows that he dropped the handkerchief before the game started. Maybe leader could use that and go stand in front of Baku as a bait/mindgame, pretending like he never picked the handkerchief back up.

---

Batch ends at 501!

what if you put something in the handkerchief, to make it produce noise. like a needle or something tiny. or what if usogui put kariume or perfume on the handkerchief, leader holding the handkerchief at hip level=head level for usogui, so the smell would be more intense, when dropped the smell would be less intense. or maybe the act of dropping it propagates the smell

Dex-chan lover
The referees all thinking Leader is winning only makes me think they are wrong.
My guess is that Baku failed the first round so that Leader would have the first lot of squandered time.
Assuming a similar amount of squandered time from each player each round, Leader would pass the 5 minute mark first.

This is of course ignoring any shenanigans that will pop up.

I just read the raws because I can't stand the suspense, and from what I can understand
this match has the most WTF result in the whole series.

@chrischewie
Another reason could be that it indicates that Leader wanted to drop the handkerchief at the start to accumulate the drug but now that baku's heard it he won't.
Or some mind game in that direction.

page 12 is very suspicious, probably a setup by leader. My bet is on :

Leader is trying to memorize the shape of the fallen handkerchief using echolocation, the click sound is the sound of Leader's teeth clacking. This way leader will never lose while guessing phase in the chair. While Baku's setup have something to do with clock/time, because of how fixated he is on exact time after he recovered.

@DQM

Not really a raw per se, as I'm not yet fluent in Japanese, but I read in manamoa.net for Korean translation. Just search "도박마 바쿠499화 manamoa" and it will take you right to the site. It's infested with ads but not really intrusive.

Users who are viewing this thread