Venus Mantrap

Trigger Warning: CHAPTER ONE HAS VERY GRAPHIC RAPE

This manhwa should have a 'MATURE' tag. I can't go past the first chapter of this manhwa. It's the type of story that sexualizes rape victims by showing the VERY GRAPHIC rape scenes. Not to mention, when the victim, Chan Wook (Chanuk's sister) is in a normal scene, she's always sexualized, having unrealistic (and sexual) proportions as well as revealing clothes. I have a suspect feeling this whole manhwa is a big power fantasy, where "heroic older brother saves/beats up/takes revenge/kills the rapists" story, and at the same time a rapist's power fantasy of raping people both at the expense of Chan Wook's dignity as a character.

Do NOT read this, unless you're a sicko. There are better manga/manhwa out there that deals with the topic in a much more tasteful and non-gratifying manner.'

EDIT: Do NOT read this unless you can discern fantasy from reality. Rape still isn't a cool fetish, but yall's fetishes are none of my business. This is up for people who might accidentally stumble onto this manhwa like I did. The warning is up there.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Danmujiji, this manhwa has an 'H' tag though which automatically means mature, lots of H series are as rapey/fucked up as as this

though I do think mangadex needs some H specific tags like on H-manga sites: if 'rape' is a taboo tag or something, I suggest 'mostly consensual' / 'mostly non-consensual'

your prediction about power fantasy:
couldn't be more wrong

Power Uploader
@Danmujiji

Clearly you are not the intended audience, so why are you complaining about something you won't read? This is fantasy, there are people who like this stuff. Let them have their fun. And kindly do not call people sicko for having fetish, you're being rude and intolerant.

Damn... it's kinda hard to access the rest of the chapter...
Does someone have some link for the full chapter (39) ?? Raw ver. it's okay

Users who are viewing this thread