Vibration Man - Ch. 28 - A Hero Arrives

Dex-chan lover
This is a shame. I was kinda having fun with OP Susumu. The slow start definitely didn't help, but the biggest thing for me was the characters. You can have a slow beginning if it's supplemented with interesting characters. The series just never really did anything with the side characters.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly found that OP Susumu was kind of boring, like once he got his upgrade all the other supernatural characters were made irrelevant. Not to mention the fact that every fight since the upgrade he won almost flawlessly, like even against the pressure dude he was fighting evenly, but it turns out that "he was holding back the entire time". He could have been a recurring villain for Susumu to eventually overcome, but no, he has to be cool and win everything now. I understand the axe outside of the slow start.

Dex-chan lover
I swear I won't ever read a manga again before it reaches 100 chapters. I LOST COUNT OF HOW MANY MANGA I LIKED GOT AXED LIKE THIS.

The worst trash keeps going, we have that KanoKari abomination still strong after 300 chapters of nothingness. Who buys that? Just WHO? Sorry for the rant, have a good day

Dex-chan lover
Overall, this was a very uneven series. MC spent too much time being a useless dumbass, and then several chapters moping, and then he's Saitama-tier after one epiphany, and in the end it was because of "perseverance" and not because using his power in a certain way makes him totally unbeatable.

Double-page supporter
I honestly found that OP Susumu was kind of boring, like once he got his upgrade all the other supernatural characters were made irrelevant. Not to mention the fact that every fight since the upgrade he won almost flawlessly, like even against the pressure dude he was fighting evenly, but it turns out that "he was holding back the entire time". He could have been a recurring villain for Susumu to eventually overcome, but no, he has to be cool and win everything now. I understand the axe outside of the slow start.
Every axed series gets at least a few chapters to wrap up the story. And before that, the authors confer with their editors or catch wind at the very least they need to do something to up their readership. I think the upgrades were a consequence of the low popularity and not where the author originally intended to go with the story (obviously having set up so many plot points that were never able to be fleshed out). To your point though, the Susumu character wasn't fleshed out all that well and was too one-dimensional to hold anyone's interest.

Dex-chan lover
I swear I won't ever read a manga again before it reaches 100 chapters. I LOST COUNT OF HOW MANY MANGA I LIKED GOT AXED LIKE THIS.

The worst trash keeps going, we have that KanoKari abomination still strong after 300 chapters of nothingness. Who buys that? Just WHO? Sorry for the rant, have a good day
Most manga end planned in under 100 chapters. You would lose out on a lot of great stories.

Also, it‘s really just WSJ manga that get axed that regularly. It‘s rare for othr magazines to abruptly end any of their manga.
As for the WSJ manga, you don‘t need to wait for 100 chapters. In my experience it is enough if you wait for 20-30 chapters, and IF the positions in the TOC are constantly in the Top 10, the manga is pretty safe for a planned run and ending. That‘s how I operate since a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread