Virus Tensei kara Hajimaru Isekai Kansen Monogatari - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.2 - The Virus Sets Off (2)

Dex-chan lover
@EzWeeb i bet they didnt even know what bacteria is... bcoz u know virus is smaller than bacteria, it needs advance technology to identify them

Dex-chan lover
Why not accept the money? Makes you more suspicious, really. Anyways, I like cool merchant dude who's actually murderous assassin.

@EzWeeb Realistically that goes for literally any words this MC says, though. The magic of translation or whatever. I don't think this series really even touched on how he speaks with them? But he sure didn't spend time manually learning the whole language like a normal person. Theoretically some words might get lost in translation but I doubt it'd be that, it'd be surprising if a society of this advancement level did know anyways.

@Fari well merchants are one of the top placers for ppl u wanna kill.
Being a good deceiver makes u qualified for assassinations too. Also so that u can get money from those who won't pay u for ur goods.

Double-page supporter
Merchant is gonna be a good character

It’s always the ones that have they’re eyes closed

Dex-chan lover
For someone who is "unafraid of death" he sure chickens out quickly.
@Sethraw He's not afraid of getting killed, but of getting in trouble or shady business since he is a monster disguised as a human and as such wants to lay low.

Double-page supporter
I know I always say the same thing but the whole point of having someone reincarnated into a non-humanoid (like a virus, a sword, a spirit, a vending machine, a wand, a bath or whatever) is to experience another way to deal with things. Having them aquire humanoid bodies right away totally defeats the point and becomes a simple gimmick to explain their powers instead of being a defining feature.
If you can't write your story properly without giving a human body after a couple chapters to your protagonist, then don't write it.

Dex-chan lover
@hancea1996 I suspect chances are he's more assassin than merchant, but you're not wrong any merchant could certainly benefit from combat abilities, the more subtle the better. Seems like he's pretty qualified for both, so same difference I suppose.

@Flyingpantsu I'm still hoping it'll play with the virus thing in the future, but honestly my hopes aren't high. It probably will be nothing but a convenient power up enabler like you said. It'd be nice if more isekais offered some innovation, but honestly most fantasy that wants to try anything like that simply isn't an isekai in the first place, and isekais just want 'unique initial hook' that's immediately disregarded, sadly.

Fed-Kun's army
what if they use a different term for "viruses"/"virus"? it's normal to have separate terms in unrelated languages

Staff
Super Moderator
"did he suspect something"
Nah, the isekai protagonist that is also a virus and that can get your skills as symptoms didn't suspect something. It's just your imagination.

Dex-chan lover
I wish this manga have a bit more chapters, so I know which direction the story gonna go.

Dex-chan lover
Never trust a fox-eyed character! THESE ARE THE RULES AND YOU WILL NOT BREAK THEM!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread