Wakaba-san'chi no Aoi Koi - Vol. 5 Ch. 50 - The Wakaba Home's Blue Loves

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2026
Messages
10
May this sweet relationships continue
Download Eru Chitanda Anime Hyouka Gif - Gif Abyss
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
633
8/10. The art is good and nothing really wrong with it. But there was a real lack of romantic tension since all of the pairings are so clear from the start. Some more dramatic uncertainty, like with the idol maybe choosing that path instead of her bf, or the yuri route being set up more strongly for the bi-girl would have been better. Not sure if it was axed but with the pacing it really had no where else to go so the ending is pretty clear if a bit underwhelming because of how telegraphed everything is.
 
Supporter
Joined
Feb 18, 2018
Messages
126
I just binged the whole thing these last two days. I really liked this series in the beginning. It felt very original and the sister dynamics were really good. Had I stopped reading at Ch. 20 I would've been raving about this to all my friends. The art is really amazing and the characters are full of personality and the dynamics are done so well

I feel like around after ch. 20 it started getting pretty rushed, though. I definitely thought this would be more slice of life and it would stretch out longer. I would've preferred more time spent with everyone and there being a slower burn. Each chapter is already so short to begin with

It's an alright ending. I agree with the above comment that it could've been more interesting, too, and it shouldn't have removed all the romantic tension halfway through (but also try to halfway keep it with "I will confess later but not this instant") and opt for clean perfect happy endings

I know it's a fluff feel good series but given how the first half of the series went and how good they were at navigating the characters and relationships, I think the mangaka really could've pulled off a more complex story of sisters supporting each other through hardships and love, which is what I thought the early series felt like and nailed really well, but by the end it didn't feel like that at all. It just felt like a standard romance manga and the sister premise was underutilized by the end.

What also bothers me is how there's hints of trying to tell more interesting stories like with Kyouko and having a rival, but in the end it got resolved so fast and her character was so minor and throwaway/discarded. Same with the older sister girlfriend misunderstanding being resolved by pure coincidence

Still a good series and nice ending but I was ultimately disappointed, blasting through the first half had me feeling all sorts of things while the last half had me waiting for things to wrap up. I feel like the series lost its identity halfway through and would've worked better if it stuck to its slice of life more instead of getting plot heavy so fast and trying to wrap up every relationship in a perfectly neat happy ending

Someone else commented 50 chapters is around an average of 12 chapters per girl... and these chapters are also shorter than normal manga chapters with a lot of them being less than 20 pages (some are even like 15-16 pages). I definitely stand by the opinion that the pacing was too fast. I didn't know there was only 50 chapters when I started reading but I fully agree with the sentiment that 12 chapters is generally not enough time to develop a single romance unless its done really well. But I feel it especially true here considering the early promise and focus of this series was the involvement of the sisters which would already take away from those limited chapters. The series needed more breathing time, the chapters in the second half go so much faster than the first half
 
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 3, 2024
Messages
2,266
I was going to read this after finishing some series and then I find out that it ended...50 chapters, that's like an average of 12 or so chapters per girl, kinda disappointed but it depends how well those chapters developed things.
Ok I read it, I liked it...however I think it needed more room to breath and more conversations between the sisters to get their perspectives.

The story had a few problems 1) it felt like it lacked meaningful stakes and so each girl had their boy within grasp very quickly which meant that despite the small amount of chapters per girl you could feel the author stalling at a certain point especially with 2) The festival, the author was so preoccupied with doing a synched confession that it negatively affected the rest of the story, she telegraphed it so hard one was left feeling waiting.
3) End at confession, always an annoying thing to see in a Manga, but especially when you could have depicted the different ways the relationship developed between the girls given the different range of age.

All in all, off to a great start, could have been a 8 was a 7 I hope next time the author draws and doesn't write next time, unless she wants to keep maintaining the same level of complexity across the whole series and not arbitrarily stall things.
 
Supporter
Joined
Feb 18, 2018
Messages
126
Ok I read it, I liked it...however I think it needed more room to breath and more conversations between the sisters to get their perspectives.

The story had a few problems 1) it felt like it lacked meaningful stakes and so each girl had their boy within grasp very quickly which meant that despite the small amount of chapters per girl you could feel the author stalling at a certain point especially with 2) The festival, the author was so preoccupied with doing a synched confession that it negatively affected the rest of the story, she telegraphed it so hard one was left feeling waiting.
3) End at confession, always an annoying thing to see in a Manga, but especially when you could have depicted the different ways the relationship developed between the girls given the different range of age.

All in all, off to a great start, could have been a 8 was a 7 I hope next time the author draws and doesn't write next time, unless she wants to keep maintaining the same level of complexity across the whole series and not arbitrarily stall things.
I have to fully agree with the synchronized confession then instant end. It's a neat idea, but for the series really pushing the sister premise in the beginning, having one of the couples basically form in ch. 15 but not get a real confession until ch. 49 feels super silly to me and wasted potential when you could have each sister starting their relationship at different times and feeding into each other's lives more in how they navigate relationships. Like there is truly potential for some really good storytelling and moments there but it just became kinda generic towards the end in the sake of ending on a 4-way confession. Still an enjoyable series but feels like wasted potential to me which just irks me
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top