Wakeari Shinrei Mansion - Vol. 3 Ch. 26 - Death Floor ②

Dex-chan lover
No way these aren't doppelgangers. Possibly made by that fern guy from a couple chapters back. The way Tsudzumi seemingly did not react to the news of stage 5 spirits is incredibly suspicious. But then how did she know about the glasses being a gift? Possibly something the fern spirit picked up on while rummaging in her brain?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah no, this all a fake-out by the spirit to trick Suzu into walking into the elevator willingly. He straight up knew it was a trap and the spirit still got him by impersonating shinonome and his sister.

Dex-chan lover
Suzu's going full tsuntsun mode about the glasses, there. "Of course I had no idea that these glasses were a gift from you. They just happened to be lying around. I've never even thought about them until just now. Now let me immediately change the subject."
No way these aren't doppelgangers. Possibly made by that fern guy from a couple chapters back. The way Tsudzumi seemingly did not react to the news of stage 5 spirits is incredibly suspicious. But then how did she know about the glasses being a gift? Possibly something the fern spirit picked up on while rummaging in her brain?
Being made by the spirit from stuff it found in Tsudzumi's gourd would explain why the Tsudzumi double's got specific recollections while the Shinonome double's only really making a decent facsimile of the landlady's mannerisms but has got basically none of her personality. It'd only have Tsudzumi's memories of Shinonome to work with to make a doppelganger, and Tsudzumi seems like the sort of person to mentally file off a lot of somebody's rough edges.

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit, Suzu fell for that doppelganger thing! Despite his nasty personality, he's quite innocent and not very perceptive either, huh. Since his sister is afraid of spirits and Shinonome had no reason to go along (and reading the previous ch now, Suzu basically went to ask for help, but Kamikiri said "landlady and i won't be able to move from here for a while" but he is so self-centered that he didn't notice the subtlety, after all, the others had no way of knowing the exact location or arriving so quickly without Kamikiri...)~ :huh: 💦
Thks for the translation~

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I like the stake is getting higher that we have a cliffhanger now.
Thank you for the update!

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
The gramma spirit also said "I thought it was the landlady" down there but looks like Suzu didn't quite catch that, so there might be more than one copy
Probably 18x more ambiguous in Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread