Wan Mu - Ch. 40 - Take Responsibility For Your Rose

Dex-chan lover
i just don’t see how the author is gonna make them going back together in bloody 3 chapters! so it’s an tragic ending LOL

Dex-chan lover
Just like i always said, Wanwan is a hypocrite
Are you kidding me? That's your takeaway from this chapter?
So, this is the best chapter so far . . . by a significant margin. And it really helps pull together a lot of the stuff up to now that's been kind of all over the place. And it's about two things. One is that things aren't simple. The other is that Wanwan regrets what she did.
It is not hypocrisy to do something for what you considered at the time the best reasons (and indeed for reasons that are quite compelling, if in my opinion not good enough), and then to eventually realize you made a mistake and tell someone about the downsides of the mistake you made, before they make it too.

Side note: I think the art's been getting noticeably better in the last couple of chapters, too. In the early chapters it was really stiff, actually distracted me from the story.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you Mumu for countering the ideas Wanwan was saying in the previous chapter. Sucks that she reached that point only after they broke up and not from her parents (like why didn't she consult with them before breaking up for those reasons? Though I guess there wasn't quite the same situation since Wanwan wouldn't feel the same), but I guess it was a bit necessary for her to do so to realize that it's worse. Though there isn't much chance for them to get back together unless Wanwan decides that her own happiness does actually matter

Dex-chan lover
So, this is the best chapter so far . . . by a significant margin. And it really helps pull together a lot of the stuff up to now that's been kind of all over the place. And it's about two things. One is that things aren't simple. The other is that Wanwan regrets what she did.
It is not hypocrisy to do something for what you considered at the time the best reasons (and indeed for reasons that are quite compelling, if in my opinion not good enough), and then to eventually realize you made a mistake and tell someone about the downsides of the mistake you made, before they make it too.
Yeah, I thought the narrative device of having the visiting characters facing a similar situation that allows both MuMu and WanWan to really both understand their decision but also face their regrets is pretty handy. As is the loose use of time structure, which kind of conveys that these two have never really left those moments despite being six years in their past.
Also, my read of what Wanwan said prior, about trying a thousand times if needed, was her saying that she should have fought to maintain everything she wanted rather than just acquiesce. Which is why she also considers herself cowardly and warns of "not ending up like her."
I mean yeah, ideally one should cut ties and find space in a more accepting community where they can thrive but that can be far easier said than done. Especially considering that this is a six year old series set in a less excepting environment that puts heavy emphasis on lineage.

Omg this is the best chapter!😭
While i understand the idea of sometimes letting go of your lover when you want to give them a better life (as an insecure person with little abandoned issues), i still ADORE the idea of loving your partner to the point of just thinking about letting them go and make them sad is unbearable to you..
I like that the chapter, even tho it showed how mumu let her go to find happiness away, she came later to realize that it was still wrong to break her heart and leave her like that.. i love the idea of mumu seeing that, and maybe in the future wanwan realizing that even tho she has a loving family and mother, she’s still missing the only one that she yearn to..
I cant wait to see how they’ll reunite💙
Also, you guys stay safe and dont give up your lover💙

Double-page supporter

Side note: I think the art's been getting noticeably better in the last couple of chapters, too. In the early chapters it was really stiff, actually distracted me from the story.
Bro, i'm just saying some simple things on my mind. And there'is a lot i didnt say. Im just so sad seeing Mumu ended up alone for 7 fkin years. Theyre saying things like Mumu left Wanwan and forced her to get married. that thing aint make sense. Wanwan is the one cant choose and forced Mumu to make a choice which resulting on them separated like that. Even after knowing what she did is wrong, she aint tried fixing anything as far. Wanwan situation isnt even that sad, she has her child. Theres no way she didnt love her child. And Mumu here ended up all alone since the breakup.

Users who are viewing this thread