Wants To Lose Weight–san & Broken Heart–chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
i'd expect JP pe class to take things a bit more seriously even if you don't like, join the track team but hurray for an exercise-yuri?

lol page 13 looks pretty slender to me, i doubt she's more than like 5pounds overweight but japan beauty standards are stricter (tho i guess it might be too much of a contrast /might come off as too fat-shamey if either of them was as big as the girl from 'kiss him not me' at the start not that japan cares about that as much as some western stories)

even if you are trying to lose weight i think cutting out meat completely might be too much unless ur also eating fish/other protein stuff, tho if it's hard to cut with a knife, get a sharper one b/c it's more dangerous to try to use a dull knife

Dex-chan lover
"Haha, we're both girls so it can't be love" is the sort of excuse that only works when there's distance and no chance of your love being fulfilled.
the age diff would prolly be more of a concern, tho luckily it's not too huge of a gap but even if they were both straight/it was a male/female there'd def be a cliche "i see you as my student"

or i guess in a yuri/gl case, a 'kiss' not taken seriously bc even without yuri undertones it's more 'acceptable' for girls to be more affectionate with each other (tho i imagine in Japan even if friends hold hands i can't imagine seeing a kiss in public in most cases lol)

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how old shiori is now

Rinko said she wanted to go to college when she was in middle school so was she a high schooler then?
Page 4, she says she's in her second year of high school so , 15-16? maybe 17, i think japan high school has 3 years of high school instead of 4? but either way still maybe a minor but i dont think the story is gonna get that sexual

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how old shiori is now

Rinko said she wanted to go to college when she was in middle school so was she a high schooler then?
It seems like she was third year high school while Rinko was third year middle school. Rinko is second year high school, so Rinko is 16 or 17 and, with a three year age gap, Shiori is 19 or 20.

Dex-chan lover
Overeating is a common response to stress, and there's stress with a failed marriage. (Which itself seems to be a result of miscommunication and how she looks visually... which creates an infinite negative loop of sorts).

And well, that's a relatively young age for marriage by modern society standards. With the increased complexity and demands of modern life, having things go out of control quickly is unsurprising.

Seems like an interesting story. And 5 chapters only huh? Well, I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the TLs.

Commenting about the exercise part...

I understand in the context of this manga, which is in Japan... where walking a bunch is a relative norm, the leg muscles are likely developed enough in the general populace to not have major issues.

Despite that, I still don't think jogging while (too) overweight is a good idea. Because all that additional weight is torture to your joints (even at late teens/early 20s). Yes you will build muscle in the process, but it's one injury away from sending you far back in motivation and progress. Which might also bury you in depression to boot. And that's a negative spiral.

Not that you can't do jogging when overweight, just in general lean toward strength more if you haven't been regularly active. So do bodyweight squats, planks/pushups, and something like pullups. Combination stuff that uses a bit of all muscles. Muscles burn more calories anyway, and a small increase can go a long way. Both for weight control and general stability in everyday life. And you do want a general balance everywhere because muscle imbalances can cause issues too.

For the bodyweight stuff, starting out at least, it won't take too much time too. Quick set of 5, 10, maybe 15 or 20 much later down the line once you're doing them with good form. Do a set when you use toilet, get a drink, while waiting for food to microwave. All adds up in the long run, and should be "easy" to do. And easy things are easier to make a habit out of.

Dex-chan lover
I understand in the context of this manga, which is in Japan... where walking a bunch is a relative norm, the leg muscles are likely developed enough in the general populace to not have major issues.

Despite that, I still don't think jogging while (too) overweight is a good idea. Because all that additional weight is torture to your joints (even at late teens/early 20s). Yes you will build muscle in the process, but it's one injury away from sending you far back in motivation and progress. Which might also bury you in depression to boot. And that's a negative spiral.

Not that you can't do jogging when overweight, just in general lean toward strength more if you haven't been regularly active. So do bodyweight squats, planks/pushups, and something like pullups. Combination stuff that uses a bit of all muscles. Muscles burn more calories anyway, and a small increase can go a long way. Both for weight control and general stability in everyday life. And you do want a general balance everywhere because muscle imbalances can cause issues too.

For the bodyweight stuff, starting out at least, it won't take too much time too. Quick set of 5, 10, maybe 15 or 20 much later down the line once you're doing them with good form. Do a set when you use toilet, get a drink, while waiting for food to microwave. All adds up in the long run, and should be "easy" to do. And easy things are easier to make a habit out of.
Like, she doesn't seem particularly overweight. She just weighs more than her husband would like. Likely he's blaming the marital problems on that and making her feel guilty about it.

Dex-chan lover
Like, she doesn't seem particularly overweight. She just weighs more than her husband would like. Likely he's blaming the marital problems on that and making her feel guilty about it.

Definitely not too overweight. I'd guess by BMI standard, somewhere in the middle of the overweight measurement at most. The fact that she can jog a decent amount in those conditions means she's not that bad all things considered.

Her ex husband was very likely doing something scummy/manipulative. Which, if on the younger side like her, is very/highly possible.

Dex-chan lover
Chubby woman have their own charms , but not someone so overweight they can fill two airplanes seat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread