Watashi no Arika - Vol. 3 Ch. 23 - I Only Look Forward

Dex-chan lover
At least Kanna managed to get something out of this & probably better off in the long run given how Lyrical Trick operates. Those last two pages paints a great picture on how close they are to each other as a group. Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so Chihiro seems to be the only possible ally of the 5. Ruri clearly dominates the backstage and the other 3 don't give a fuck.

Group Leader
Okay, so Chihiro seems to be the only possible ally of the 5. Ruri clearly dominates the backstage and the other 3 don't give a fuck.
It really is chilling how there's zero reaction among them as Ruri does that to Chihiro in plain sight. Was gonna say they all look uncomfortable when Ruri comes in but I think that's just bc Arika was mentioned. In an earlier chapter, Emily was acting lovey-dovey with Ruri, hard to think that was just for show when it was just the staff there so I think at least Emily is on Ruri's side. I wonder if they all dislike Chihiro or smth.

Dex-chan lover
It really is chilling how there's zero reaction among them as Ruri does that to Chihiro in plain sight. Was gonna say they all look uncomfortable when Ruri comes in but I think that's just bc Arika was mentioned. In an earlier chapter, Emily was acting lovey-dovey with Ruri, hard to think that was just for show when it was just the staff there so I think at least Emily is on Ruri's side. I wonder if they all dislike Chihiro or smth.

If I'm reading the vibe correctly, I think Chihiro is their Miwa. She was put on the spot and her zeal for becoming an idol made her go through with the push and other stuff. She seems to be somewhat genuine with what she says and I think she genuinely felt bad when Nana called her out on being Arika's friend.

God I am seeing the early chapters where Ruri tries to quiet Chihiro in such a different light. I should go back and read them again. The other members did take direction and encouragement from Chihiro then so I think this is the kind of relationship where she's seen as a little dumb and in need of "correction" when she fucks up as the leader. That plausible deniability where everyone pretends she's in a place she isn't and that can be taken away at any time.

Users who are viewing this thread