We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 6 Ch. 29 - A Shameful Thing

Dex-chan lover
I liked the tl group made a "further reading" list at the end, feels like an explosion of knowledge, the universe expanding or something.

Hm... i do not agree with the quote "Your reason is your own god". When you see your reason as your own god doesn't that mean you see yourself as a god. It mean You worship your own self/You worship your own ego.

That Takaoka guy "The Bully guy". if he see his reasoning as his god, that scenario would turn this manga into gore manga. Nothing more dangerous than a man worship his own ego Example The Paraoh, and every dictator.

It just better to be an atheist rather than to see reason as your god. Human reasoning is pretty much bad. Flat earther, K-pop, weebs that hate k-pop fans because how fanatic they are but they themselves is fanatic to a 2D.

What's the point of worshiping to a god if in the end You are just worship your own self?

I see a good point in muslim post on instagram that says "if you committing the same sins repeatedly to the point that you think to yourself that God will never forgive you. Please always do your prayer because it clearly a satan trap to make you think that god wouldn't forgive you."

and another post that say "No matter how many sins you committed, Do not leave your prayer"

and i think that hm... that make sense. Because if they think god wouldn't forgive them. It's just better for them to not pray then that would make them think to just leave their religion.

Last edited:
Hm... i do not agree with the quote "Your reason is your own god". When you see your reason as your own god doesn't that mean you see yourself as a god. It mean You worship your own self/You worship your own ego.

That Takaoka guy "The Bully guy". if he see his reasoning as his god, that scenario would turn this manga into gore manga. Nothing more dangerous than a man worship his own ego Example The Paraoh, and every dictator.

It just better to be an atheist rather than to see reason as your god. Human reasoning is pretty much bad. Flat earther, K-pop, weebs that hate k-pop fans because how fanatic they are but they themselves is fanatic to a 2D.

What's the point of worshiping to a god if in the end You are just worship your own self?

I see a good point in muslim post on instagram that says "if you committing the same sins repeatedly to the point that you think to yourself that God will never forgive you. Please always do your prayer because it clearly a satan trap to make you think that god wouldn't forgive you."

and another post that say "No matter how many sins you committed, Do not leave your prayer"

and i think that hm... that make sense. Because if they think god wouldn't forgive them. It's just better for them to not pray then that would make them think to just leave their religion.
I feel like when he said "Your reason is your own god" he was more refering to ones subconscious, for exemple freud said that the subconscious will be ones judge wich mean that if you consciously think that what you did is right if your subconscious think of it as bad then he'll "punish" you by making you feel guilt over what you did. So in this quote I feel like the reason would be more ones subconscious rather than ones conscioussness which mean the "bully guy" for exemple he himself wouldn't be his god but rather his subconscious would be and would tell him taht what he did wasn't wrong. But in reality it's really about what you understand by the word "reason" because if you replace it by "subconscious" you'll find the same meaning as me relatively easily while if you replace it by "consciouscness" then what you said will be true. In reality it's all about what you understand by "reason".

Dex-chan lover
People got corrupted because they ignored the question "did you bear yourself?"

Users who are viewing this thread