We Shall Now Begin Ethics. - Vol. 8 Ch. 42 - Peace of mind

Dex-chan lover
Hahahaha, oh my God, I think we haven't seen ol' Taka ever get this kind of flabbergasted! Guy goes from surprised to absolutely confused over her paradigm.

But I'm DEFINETLY copying his argument next time i see someone wallowing in self-pity or claiming anything about me being unable to understand them "So what you're experiencing is something I am incapable of understanding?"

Either they realize what they're saying, like her. Or they double down, in which case "Well, if you think I'm THAT emotionally inept that I'm incapable of the most basic level of sympathy, connecting and relating to another person, that just hurts me. I would rather talk and figure things out. Is that impossible?" Lay it out and undermine that egotistical paradigm into opening up to others.

But I'm DEFINETLY copying his argument next time i see someone wallowing in self-pity or claiming anything about me being unable to understand them "So what you're experiencing is something I am incapable of understanding?"
Agreed, it's a good question there to make the other person speak, although it didn't go that well with the student :ROFLMAO:

Contributor
Not the point, but I guess adolescent braces aren't that common in other countries. It's not like crooked teeth are particularly less common elsewhere. The snarky reason would be to say that Americans are so vain that they force their children to have straight teeth, but crooked teeth becomes a health concern at a certain point. I've had more friends who had to get braces because their teeth were getting seriously misaligned and affecting their eating and health than for cosmetic reasons

(btw take good care of your teeth. You might not think about all the pockets of bacteria that build up in your teeth, but remember that all your food passes through your mouth. Besides that, life gets so much harder when you can't chew)

Dex-chan lover
Not the point, but I guess adolescent braces aren't that common in other countries. It's not like crooked teeth are particularly less common elsewhere. The snarky reason would be to say that Americans are so vain that they force their children to have straight teeth, but crooked teeth becomes a health concern at a certain point. I've had more friends who had to get braces because their teeth were getting seriously misaligned and affecting their eating and health than for cosmetic reasons
My father had to get teeth positioning correction when he was in his mid-fifties due to one of his teeth having spun almost 180 degrees and had started stabbing his upper gums causing bleeding when he slept.
So yeah even people late in life may have to get teeth correction.

Dex-chan lover
The grass is greener on the other side ofnthe fence. Always has. Social medias are the bane of the youth self estime.
Remember : people dont show their weaknesses on Instagram. You only see what they want you to see.
Proper parental control, there are some spaces that your kids shouldn't be in

That said plastic surgery predators will get people with low self esteem regardless of age, but it is better if they get to them on their 20s than when they are teens (would be even better, if they never get to them, but alas)

Dex-chan lover
It's intriguing in this second part the conclusions that the ending give is almost always in ambiguity or even not in happy conclusion. It really different in the first arc the problem have a straightforward answer and the students improve. For me maybe the author want to show that not everyone can improve being push and improvement always about one self and how one self reach it own conclusion, just like this chapter and last chapter the students not reaching it improvement because the wrong conclusion line being drawn by this student

Dex-chan lover
looksmaxxing chapter? :lul: I understand the braces since having a straight enough teeth early on while youre still developing your jaw and face muscles can make your oral hygiene and health later in your life a lot easier but the cosmetic ones with no physical health impact seems wasteful and surgeon can make mistakes or not care enough on the result. Inb4 mental health also impacts physical health. "Risks" and "rewards" in the end.

Dex-chan lover
Tbf pretty privilege is a big issue in Japan and Korea, so beyond being vain and peer pressure, she might face issues in career and society etc.

Also, I did my braces in my 20s, she’s not even that late ahaha
i did my braces in the 30s because i only have money now..
that girl is amazing to be able to afford those braces so early

Users who are viewing this thread