Webtoon Character Na Kang Lim - Ch. 89 - Beyond Transformation, With Cooperation

Dex-chan lover
Who was blondie having flashbacks about? whos the brown haired dude? Old crush? im confused.

Dex-chan lover
Who was blondie having flashbacks about? whos the brown haired dude? Old crush? im confused.
Nah, just irrelevant background character. Basically he was used to confirm blonde main girl definitely has fallen for Kang, and pointed it out directly making her aware of it herself, or at least forcing her to confront it.

Basically that scene was him asking her out in a sort of businesslike 'just use me as your boyfriend to ward off all the attention you're getting' but she turns him down. Then he asks her if it's because she already loves Kang, and when she hesitates to answer he's like 'it's already written on your face.' (all blushy)

Pretty chill guy.

That's also why the yandere sister mentioned "Plan B", she said that she also had a plan for tearing main girl and protagonist apart if the girl realised her feelings but she wanted to do it before that. Since those feelings have clearly been recognized at this point...

Group Leader
UXLZ already said it but yeah just a background character, but man that chapter wasnt even that long ago, how did u forget, it was a pretty cool ch, like around ch77 or somethin :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
Also, irrelevant theorizing, but some part of me wonders if Jung Ah is actually going to be revealed as a heroine as a twist. I don't think we had any indication of her existence in the small bit of the story prior to the WebToon events happening.

Like, the 'established friend secretly longing after protagonist when the Main Girl blazes in onto the scene' is not an uncommon trope, which Jung Ah kind of fulfills. Ordinarily he has knowledge of the webtoon, but it's possible that it was melded into his own mind, since it relates directly to him.

Put another way, if a heroine existed that already had a direct connection to the protagonist, like a childhood friend or 'a friend I made in my first year of highschool'... Would he realise? Or would they slip beyond his awareness?

Group Leader
Also, irrelevant theorizing, but some part of me wonders if Jung Ah is actually going to be revealed as a heroine as a twist. I don't think we had any indication of her existence in the small bit of the story prior to the WebToon events happening.

Like, the 'established friend secretly longing after protagonist when the Main Girl blazes in onto the scene' is not an uncommon trope, which Jung Ah kind of fulfills. Ordinarily he has knowledge of the webtoon, but it's possible that it was melded into his own mind, since it relates directly to him.

Put another way, if a heroine existed that already had a direct connection to the protagonist, like a childhood friend or 'a friend I made in my first year of highschool'... Would he realise? Or would they slip beyond his awareness?
The 2nd part is pretty cool, like, what if there actually was a heroine who was the childhood friend of the protagonist, and he is wondering when will she appear, but realizes she was already there the whole time, but became a "different character" as Jung Ah.

Dex-chan lover
The 2nd part is pretty cool, like, what if there actually was a heroine who was the childhood friend of the protagonist, and he is wondering when will she appear, but realizes she was already there the whole time, but became a "different character" as Jung Ah.

I think the other thing people were leaning to was maybe, she's the writer behind these events or something.

Still, there's a somewhat notable lack of 'a heroine with a prior connection to the protagonist.' And this story does seem like it could get kinda meta. So the reveal that even Jung Ah (maybe Chuuni dude as well, who I'm still uncertain on if he's important or just comic relief) are webtoon characters, and his own mind was influenced by the merge because they were 'premade connections' is a real possibility.

To begin with, isn't the existence of a club that only has three members and just plays video games at school kind of odd..? And it ends up being a really convenient locus point for all the heroines to hang out at too. It's definitely a pretty 'webtoon' location.
Possibly even the girl from middle school that he had the trauma over is a webtoon event. The only things we can really confirm are 'real' are Kang himself and his sister are these are the only two we see prior to the webtoon's integration into real life (not that his family are major characters anyway.)

We've never seen a character, event, or location that exists as part of the protagonist's backstory/setting show up to confirm that Kang can actually distinguish between Protagonist-history and his own real history, so we can't say that he'd actually be capable of realising or if it would simply merge into his own memories for maximum 'authenticity'. Everything is untrustworthy. He was already a loner. His entire world might be an illusion. His club. His two friends. The cafe the little sister works at and the owner knew him.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Choosing between Da Hee and Kwan Miya IS SO FREAKING HARD CAUSE BOTH OF THEM ARE SO CUTE IN THEIR OWN WAYS.

Other than that, I'm praying for that Yakuza girl's downfall to be the worst of them all. I want Kang Lim to put her remotely close through the actual hell he has to go through which is the loop.

Thanks for the chapter btw

Dex-chan lover
I've been in this camp after a few chapters of all this. Kang always seems real sure of his perceptions of whats "real" and whats "ESW". What if the spin isn't that its specifically ESW, but being the overall situation of 'Help! a webcomic merged with my best friends life and were the only ones who know!'... And it just filled in the details with ESW for Kang. Is he really sure what he know is still "reality"?

So... Jung Ah could be our secret main character and best girl?

Dex-chan lover
I think entangling the girls in him dealing with the issues is pretty good going forward. I like the acknowledgement of how cartoonish the yakuza and their aims are in webtoon in general but even more so in this one, our boy has progressed. Why isn't this series called the 100 webtoon waifus who really really really love you so I'm sure it's an everyone ending. I'm way too invested in all these girls now.

Even imouto is entertaining.

Fed-Kun's army
UXLZ already said it but yeah just a background character, but man that chapter wasnt even that long ago, how did u forget, it was a pretty cool ch, like around ch77 or somethin :meguuusad:
I'm ngl, I forgot who he was too lmfao
for a second I thought he was the MC of ESW but by the time I finished the chapter I was like what happened to the red hair

Dex-chan lover
You know what's scarier than that Yakuza? It's Yoo Na Ri.

And thanks for the chap, boss

Dex-chan lover
I think the other thing people were leaning to was maybe, she's the writer behind these events or something.

Still, there's a somewhat notable lack of 'a heroine with a prior connection to the protagonist.' And this story does seem like it could get kinda meta. So the reveal that even Jung Ah (maybe Chuuni dude as well, who I'm still uncertain on if he's important or just comic relief) are webtoon characters, and his own mind was influenced by the merge because they were 'premade connections' is a real possibility.

To begin with, isn't the existence of a club that only has three members and just plays video games at school kind of odd..? And it ends up being a really convenient locus point for all the heroines to hang out at too. It's definitely a pretty 'webtoon' location.
Possibly even the girl from middle school that he had the trauma over is a webtoon event. The only things we can really confirm are 'real' are Kang himself and his sister are these are the only two we see prior to the webtoon's integration into real life (not that his family are major characters anyway.)

We've never seen a character, event, or location that exists as part of the protagonist's backstory/setting show up to confirm that Kang can actually distinguish between Protagonist-history and his own real history, so we can't say that he'd actually be capable of realising or if it would simply merge into his own memories for maximum 'authenticity'. Everything is untrustworthy. He was already a loner. His entire world might be an illusion. His club. His two friends. The cafe the little sister works at and the owner knew him.
Also, the club was supposed to exist before Kang Lim.

But only people related to him are part of the club.

If anything, it could be that everything after the morning when he read the Web comic last time is part of the 'altered reality'.

Dex-chan lover
How dare this author vilify the purity of Yuri. This is BLASPHMEY.

I denounce this manhwa in all its forms.

REJECT THIS HERESY, BROTHERS. YURI IS THE TRUEST JUSTICE.

Users who are viewing this thread