Welcome to Japan, Ms. Elf! - Vol. 6 Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
The translation was a bit choppy in places. That "Ki" is just Katakana onomatopoeia, so it's fine. "Uri Dora" is supposed to be "Wridra".
I'd recommend going through the previous chapter translations for reference and also using ChatGPT and stuff for editing. You know, just paste the raw text and the translations and ask it to make it more natural-sounding.
And don't try to splice the stuff you put into ChatGPT. Try to go page by page or something unless some dialogue is spilling over to the next. But just ensure that the dialogues don't look incomplete.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not even sure I'm going to bother reading this. It's so low quality, it barely counts as trying at all.

I will never understand why people decide to pick up scanlating for the first time and don't even bother thinking once to themselves, "Maybe I should try to make it look and read like all the other quality scanlations I've read?"

Supporter
I really don't like when they use level or stat numbers in things that aren't expressly video game worlds.

Thanks for the scanlation! Happy someone picked this up!

Dex-chan lover
Welcome back to scanlations, Elf-san.

Mainly just combat. Not much to comment about.

A hound dragon. I think she's a little displeased about that.

I appreciate the effort in scanlating this. It might not be top quality, but it's readable enough.

I will never understand why people decide to whine about someone else's effort and don't even bother thinking once to themselves, "Maybe I should make an effort myself rather than to whine about the free stuff I get?" or even, "Maybe someone doing this for the first time might not have the same skills as someone who's done it for years." Fucking choosing beggars.

Dex-chan lover
Well, if you're gonna use it as practice grounds, something already covered by an official translation that won't bitch about you sniping their money cow is the best place to start, I guess?

Dex-chan lover
I will never understand why people decide to whine about someone else's effort and don't even bother thinking once to themselves, "Maybe I should make an effort myself rather than to whine about the free stuff I get?" or even, "Maybe someone doing this for the first time might not have the same skills as someone who's done it for years." Fucking choosing beggars.
Just playing devil's advocate here, but most of the time when a scanlation group is looking to pick up a new series, they'll pass on ones that look like somebody's actively working on it, regardless of whether or not the uploaded chapters are even coherent.
Then there's also a couple troll scanlation groups that I've seen, i forget the name of one but i think it was SSSSS or something, where they'd intentionally translate things incorrectly or otherwise mangle the chapters, or even just uploading the final chapter when the series was at best still 50 chapters from the end.
If we don't impose some sort of standards on uploads, all we'll have is shit like Teenmanhua pumping out incoherent gibberish MTLs at an absurd rate.
Just kinda wanted to rant a bit

Users who are viewing this thread