Welcome to Japan, Ms. Elf!

Dex-chan lover
I'm just buying the amazon EN e-releases at this point.

Dex-chan lover
just when I found out about another gold manga, I see that wretched "J-Novel" release and no progress from the group that probably dropped it.

I hate this bit

just when I found out about another gold manga, I see that wretched "J-Novel" release and no progress from the group that probably dropped it.

I hate this bit
im just gonna actually translate this myself witch chapter do i start? 35 or 41?

already starting! gonna get it done today its mostly just ocr and some deepl translator but its better than nothing
done just gonna start uploading it now first time uploading so its gonna take a while

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
remember when this series was about Elf-san in Japan and not just a generic otherworld rpg/isekai story like every other similar manga out there?

Dex-chan lover
With a title like that you'd think there would be more content set in Japan.
Though I haven't actually counted (I have now, see below, or here) but where I've read up to in chapter 34 I'm sure its less than half and feels possible closer to a third of the story having anything to do with the titular elf being in titular Japan itself.
So more of a normal isekai with short hops back to Japan occasionally then the reverse isekai I was hoping for when I started reading it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"- I haven't actually counted but where I've read up to in chapter 34 I'm pretty sure its at least less than half and feels closer to a third... "
I have now, quickly and roughly, counted the Japan to isekai amount.

Out of about 873 pages in 34 chapters (as far as I've read as of this posting), 344 of them take place in Japan, 529 in the isekai world (due to the speed at which I counted and possible misclicks/counts I give these numbers an accuracy to within about 10).
This means there are about 1.53 isekai pages to every Japan page.
  • 39.4% Japan
  • 60.6 Isekai

In the first half the balance was pretty even going back and forth for about the same time between each world. Japan had some lead early on in the back and forth but then isekai took the lead more often, but enough to get caught up to in a couple Japan centric chapters. But with the build up to and now in the labyrinth arc its become weighted much more towards the isekai world.
Once this arc is over they might have a lot more Japan to balance it back out, but as of now its less "Elf in Japan" than the title might suggest.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The emergence of Azukimanga is bothersome. Is it just like comikey all over again? I wonder if we can somehow block the notification whenever they release a new chapter.

Edit: Oh nevermind. I could block them. Sorry for the unrelated comment.

Dex-chan lover
The vibes and characters are great!

The plot sometimes is kinda hard to follow loll Maybe this the kinda manga you appreciate more once you're read the Light Novel

Users who are viewing this thread