western tag and disable Horizontal scrolling on long strips

Aggregator gang
By western I mean the trope western (like cowboys n'stuff) I feel like this is pretty self explanatory. It's a pretty popular trope and the fact that we don't have a tag for this actually pretty surprising to me.

My second point. I use a mobile phone to browse through manga and I have the screen swipe sensitivity on very high because it works best for me.

How ever when reading long strips, i use my thumb to scroll up and down. Because of human biomechanics, when trying to move your thumb vertically while holding a phone. Your thumb will not travel in a straight line, instead it will move in a half oval shape.

This causes the long strip skip over portions because mangadex thought i was swiping in order to advance to the next page.

This makes navigating long strip mangas incredibly difficult. I am forced to carefully move with my index finger because a tiny bit of horizontal movement could just skip over sections entirely and i'll have to go back and try to do the same thing again(and hopefully not mess up this time).

This is why i'd like there to be a feature to disable horizontal scrolling on long strip mangas. I understand that the reason for my Inconvenience is mostly because of how I choose to do things, but still it just doesn't make sense that a vertical manga would be affected by horizontal swiping.

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone actually use horizontal swipe gestures on long strip mode? That doesn't even sound like it should be a thing, due to not making any physical sense

is a Reindeer
VIP
@HfUfH You can turn the touchscreen swipe sensitivity setting off in the reader settings

And as for cowboys... I can't really think of many series that have cowboys or western themes in them, lol. Is it a popular trope...?

Users who are viewing this thread