What Does It Mean To Be...? - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Chapter 2 - Capmon

Ooh, so I take it this is gonna be a bunch of slice of life then? Always a fan of that. It’s interesting to see how Angel’s adapting to their new life, particularly with the point that they enjoy what is a boy’s game (which is sort of a stupid concept in my opinion, but I get the idea) despite being a girl now.

Also, Capmon… I dunno why, I just found that whole gag really funny. The panels recreating the opening parts of Red and Blue are really well done too (and also yes, the Charmander line is cool but it’s also kind of overrated). Also, that panel with the Toys R Us spoof… yeah, that takes me back. Just in general, a lot of the gags are very funny while not being in your face about it.

It’s honestly very cool that in the end, Angel doesn’t get ridiculed or mocked, but gets respect for how good they’ve become (side note — I like how Jenni’s immediate reaction is to assume Angel’s being bullied, because it corroborates what she says later about Jenni being overprotective), and she even gets a new friend out of it.

Definitely interested to see if Angel will admit the truth about their past to Jenni and Nick, but it’s also nice to see that at least for some time, they can just be a normal child and enjoy life.

Users who are viewing this thread