What Does It Mean To Be...? - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - Chapter 8 - Vision

Back to the slice of life then… I really like this format though, small stories with an overarching narrative. It makes things simple to follow, but things are also built on across chapters.

I enjoyed this chapter a lot, although maybe that’s just because I found it relatable — becoming short sighted really sucks. I liked the detail you put into depicting all the eye tests Angel goes through — it’s a small, but very nice touch.

Also, more Capmon! Honestly, given how we’ve seen both games in Gen 1, and now you’re moving onto to Gen 2, I’m kind of hoping that by the end, we’ll have gotten all the way to Gen 9… or maybe even Gen 10 if it’s out by then.

Apart from that, something else I found interesting was Jenni’s story about the mall security guard. Something that’s been sort of prevalent throughout the story is how protective Jenni is, perhaps overly so at times, so I found it nice that we get some insight into what made her like that.

Otherwise, that ending is quite the cliffhanger… Angel willingly wanting to wear a dress is something I didn’t see coming. I’m curious to see where that goes, along with how this will persuade her parents to get her the new Capmon game.

Users who are viewing this thread