What He Who Doesn't Believe in Fate Says - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

this manga is cute but i hate this trope so much. like when they finally get together, then one of them — usually the fl bc of gender stereotypes 😕 — develops a spontaneous anxious-avoidant attachment style?? like this girl is fully in her late twenties, early thirties, WHY is she acting like a shy middle schooler?? i get she built the idea of love and romance on what she’s seen in media, she’s exploring a new aspect of life, she’s nervous, yada yada WHO CARES!!!! MAKE THEM KISS

Double-page supporter
Comments above make a lot of sense, but I understand her. As a woman myself, it’s always nice to make yourself look better for someone you’re trying to impress and since this is her first time, it makes a lot of sense as to why she’s insecure and comparing herself to other women. Hopefully, she does gain confidence in a few chapters from now.

Dex-chan lover
lol well other than hooking up right away and moving in or so, i could understand dating and seeing 'less' of each other when you used to basically spend time 'daily' as friends/coworker or whatever like it being more 'special' to call it a date rather than hanging out but at this point

Dex-chan lover
Imagine if this was a drama series instead and some characters that married weren't actually fated to be together or some shit

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
JUST FUCKING ASK ITS PROBABLY HIS RELATIVE ANYWAY
I guess it's 'frowned upon' by JP society? for women to be more straightforward about that stuff? (feels like her or her friend would've blurted it out anyways lol) But i mean unless he's an obvious fuckboy scumbag he wouldn't openly hang out with another woman on a 'date' or whatever after already officially asking her out lol

Although hopefully at some point they'd reveal the supernatural aspect of them being able to see red strings to each other

Dex-chan lover
Imagine if this was a drama series instead and done characters that married weren't actually gated too be together or some shit
I mean, the light supernatural aspect of it aside, most married couples never end up with a 'soulmate'. Or they can be happy despite 'settling' or so lol.

if anything, the concept of soulmates would be more constricting, polyamory aside (tho that'd be a diff story lol), that'd mean that if someone died or somehow broken up, then not being able to move on would be a dick move for fate to do lol

Users who are viewing this thread