What It Means to Be You - Ch. 6

ah, finally. She finally asked. I'm impatiently waiting for the next episode to see his answer.

Ah yes, his angst as a reason for abuse. A fine POS. Right into the trash with him. Plenty of people go through terrible things. Most don't take it out on their spouse.

Dex-chan lover
Le sighh
He's so hung up on her title and his own 'position'. He has self esteem issues for sure. That's why he's always yelling and trying to assert his dominance. He can't see that there are different forms of trauma if it deviates from what he experienced

I like that she tries to communicate with him. But communication is two way. He doesn't even bother to listen to her explanation before writing her off as 'a princesses whim'.

Also their love languages are soooo different. She wants some quality time and he thinks she wants material goods.

Many thanks

I don’t understand how her wearing simple dresses equate as snobby princess behaviour ????? Thse are some amazing mental gimnastics

ahaha so the dresses he sent never reached her im dying im tired of misunderstandings in manhwas

when your wive ask you this kind of question, the first thing you should consider is... do you still have the heart of human?

I know there are some misunderstandings between them but the ML is an ass. Hes so quick to get angry and violent but that will end up being excused because of his awful childhood. Its kinda a let down because hes gonna continue being the male lead (unless the author wants to surprise me) and the bad stuff hes been doing in the beginning will be forgiven

Because she’s a princess he thinks she can understand him being treated like a slaves to everyone. But man you didn’t try to understand her too her family was at fault not her

Did Winter just make her suicide attempt about him?? I don't care what his tragic backstory is, lots of people in many stories have endured tons of terrible shit and still manage to not be assholes. I feel bad for him, I really do, but a tragic childhood doesn't give you the excuse to treat others as he has.

I'll keep reading until the moment I see Violet genuinely happy, but if the spoilers in the comments are anything to go by, it's only gonna get worse from here.
Thanks again for the upload.

Fed-Kun's army
Winter is extremely self-absorbed by his belief that no one has suffered more than he has in his life. And in a way, he's not entirely wrong, because he endured a lot of hellish torture in his life while being ostracized by others. Being in his wife's body for a moment gave him some level of empathy for her, but he hasn't fully understood just how much she suffers.

If you notice, he sucks at negotiation and tends to resort to violent outbursts, lacking the ability to utilize cigarette etiquette. Thus, he lacks the understanding of how women are treated in society and haven't gotten a real taste for how difficult it is for a woman.

It makes sense that switching bodies once won't be enough for him to suddenly give her all the time. It's going to take more switches and effort from both sides before they can really connect. But right now, he holds far too much anger and hate over how much he suffered to realize that he's not the only one in the world that's suffered.

I think at this point "misunderstanding" doesn't cover it... he's one of those "you didn't experience my pain so you've never experienced pain" kinda people. He is childish. And yes, everything she's gone through is his fault. I would've maybe taken his side a little and said "well, she should try standing up for herself. " But it's clear from his attitude in this chapter that he shuts her down whenever she starts to vocalize her feelings and wants. It's obnoxious.
Not to mention the way he "deals" is by flipping tables and intimidating people into signing them. As much as I like her, and want to see her rise, I can't continue reading this if he doesnt eventually fall. How does he not notice someone stealing from him? How does he not notice the bullying. "Dense" isn't an excuse for him anymore after this chapter

dont ever fucking dare say that bullshit to a suicidal person. asshole. and this goes for anybody. suffering should never ever be weighed or compared like that. this goes beyond misunderstandings and miscommunication. never ever keep toxic ppl who would say stuff like that around u.

Honestly think ML is only slightly at fault, his methods of life and the way he acts was a result of him growing up in a horrid environment, so there are things he just wouldnt understand. Him being aggressive was most likely a result of him thinking that is the only way for him to communicate, take the trade negotiations as an example of how polar opposite these two mc's are. ML truely doesn't understand human emotions and when something he doesn't like or understand happens he gets frustrated.

There are so many times where it's also hinted someone is interfering with their relationshio as well which results in ML thinking things are alright.

Also think ML is genuinely confused on why she would bring up suicide as when he was at his lows all he thought of was how to survive which conflicts with his views.

All this is from the info given so far and how I interpret it.

Users who are viewing this thread