What's Our Hero Doing? - Ch. 2

Hm, honestly like the mc so far. He is a bit too doomer even considering his situation but also seems like a deranged psychopath so I like

Dex-chan lover
I don't really see the point of him being a random villager, only to get the powers (and apparently the memories?) of the hero anyway? More so when everyone that the villager knows has apparently been killed. Why not just have him straight up isekai'd into the story? Or have him be the hero instead? Yeah it's more cliche, but if you're going to negate everything about him becoming a random villager, then there was no point in doing it.

Not that I'm saying this is a bad start, it's just (assumedly) unnecessary details like this stand out to me.

Dex-chan lover
This is not a good start for me. Maybe its the fault of the pacing and missing details but a dude that was so scared that he couldnt move in front of a wolf suddenly able to jump off a 2-3 story high place. Howd the wolf not see him? Maybe he was supposed to be more hidden or something. But then why was the attack not effective? I dont mind the logic of a single hit to a weak point wont be enough for a kill but it should have lead to the wolf total weakening that should lead to mc being able to escape or the red haired dude killing the wolf. But instead mc just got a random ass power up? The scene feels so "Forced" and makes no good sense.

Dex-chan lover
Lil bro trying to get pink eye. We saw you put that shit smeared hand over your eyes.

Fed-Kun's army
Kind of reminds me of Ernak, they both had protagonists who assumed the hero would take care of everything, only for the hero to die and for them to take it on themselves.

Ernak had it's problems but this one is only a few chapters in and it's all over the place.

The pacing for this is very odd. And things just seem to happen for "reasons". Like why did the red head come back? And how did he come back? If he was so proficient, why isn't he the hero? Like he barely put up a fight but the weak guy who was super afraid could slice him clean through with never before used muscles and reflexes without getting harmed in the process.

Also I agree with another commenter. Why make him be a random villager then immediately give him a power up for no discernable reason? He makes no mention of the hero's sword being magical or mystical. Would've been better if he one shot the boss and got the power-up from that.

Was it to show the red head again?

Could've just had the red head die off screen or had him die with/just before the hero showed up.

Users who are viewing this thread