Who Killed The Hero? (Promotional Comic)

Contributor
Unfortunately both of the currently existing English translations of the first novel volume (1 of the WN, 1 of the LN) are bad and most likely MTL because of how much they fuck up pronouns and spell names inconsistently, among other problems. So if this promotional comic grabbed your attention, I think these are your 2 best options:

1. Read the LN translation (as it's somewhat better than the WN translation) anyway, paying close attention so that you can recognize when it's getting the pronouns wrong and actually follow what's going on. However, as of writing this, the final LN chapters are paywalled, so you'll have to switch to the WN for the end of the story. This is more or less what I did. It sounds bad, but the story is so good that the best parts of the experience shine through despite the bad translations. I don't regret not waiting.

2. Your other option is to wait, either for an official English translation of the LN, which is almost certainly coming given that Volume 1 of the LN sold record-breakingly well, or, alternatively, someone else may unofficially retranslate it because they feel similarly dissatisfied with the current state of things. We'll see.

Happy reading or waiting!

Users who are viewing this thread