Who Saw the Peacock Dance in the Jungle? - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Blood

Double-page supporter
Dna aside i imagine it'd also depends on what the father said in his will, bc even with blood relations i can imagine it being like "my sister/parents were pieces of shit so i'd rather anything i have left burn/thrown away versus them getting a cent"

or some daytime soap opera where some older sickly man leaves his 'inheritance' to like a gold digger type chara

I never watched knives out but i imagine that was mostly what the movie was about lol

Tho you'd think unless the grandma's revealed to be crappy/scummy all along it would make more sense to leave the money to someone who just lost their caretaker/guardian versus someone who presumably have been living fine on their own and not depending on the money from their children sending them funds monthly or so (it's been a while since i read this tho so idk the whole family situation)
I'm in Japan and had a first hand experience about this.

My stepfather passed away a few months ago, and the way inheritance works without a will is
1. first, to the bereaved spouse. so my mom was automatically the heir (of assets and debts); however
2. if my mom takes it to family court and refuses the inheritance, then the next heir would be a living (blood) relative that has to be proven by law (birth records, proof of residence, etc)

I wasn't adopted by my stepdad and he never consulted a lawyer about his assets, so I had no right whatsoever to take care of his estate after he passed.

So, if Haruo took care of Komugi's adoption or guardianship paperwork properly, she is the heir even if he didn't leave a will. Batshit Aunt would have no say unless Komugi goes to family court and gives it up (pretty sure Komugi is of age).

I hope for Komugi's sake that either he left a will or properly adopted her into his family registry.

Users who are viewing this thread