Why Did Men Stop Wearing High Heels?

What's with that? It's terminated on both the english and korean lezhin sites.. Would it be okay to upload screenshots then? Would it be a grey area or flat out illegal?

Does anyone know where we're supposed to read this? I really want to but idk where to look for the official Eng.

Official release is in Lezhin. Definetively not a romance, I guess it's message is good. Showing society's criticism towards anything that is out of the rule. A nice read

Fed-Kun's army
I remember it as quite good story. Definitely recommend anyone who is still unsure.

Dex-chan lover
Probably won't stay up. Time to boot up the ol' Manga Downloader just in case.

Double-page supporter
Heels have always been in style for both men and women on and off through out history. The way the heeled shoes have been constructed has changed. They were once completely practical. What once was an essential part of any man on horseback, kind of like where you put your feet in a stirrup.. Later in the middle ages it became a way of elevating yourself above the muck and filth in the streets and keeping your clothes clean. Again the construction was different. The heel was shorter and wider and rested at the center/balance of the heel rather outer edge and the heel was never more than a inch or two high. None of this six inch stiletto nonsense. Shoes made for a shoe you could walk in all day, versus a shoe that is tortures you to walk in and squishes your toes into hammer toe deformation. And it's not like men's modern dress shoes don't have heels, cause they do. They are wide and flat and usually no more than 1/2 inch high. So practical most people don't even notice them.

Dex-chan lover
@Mojo
As someone who used to work in shoe sales and has genetic mutations (thanks, ancestral incest...) that require me to care about ergonomics and joint stability I can say with authority:
the heels on most shoes are counterproductive at best. Feet work fine. Alter than angle and you shift your weight unnaturally.
Add in how archaic dress shoes are in general (no traction, no cushion, no give, creasing that can cause pain unless you walk in an awkward manner) and the fact that they’re considered required attire for many situations is awful.

I’m glad I can find Clarks that are good enough to go to shul.
Women’s footwear was so shet for so long that the rebound has been great.

There are moderately comfortable men’s dress shoes, but they dress so boring that theres no room for totally new styles. You end up with softer leather and a cushioned sole.

Point is: we have cars, sewers, and the knowledge of cushion and traction tech.
Heels are all fashion.

Double-page supporter
@Thrembs I'm assuming you worked in a modern shoe sales and never saw real historic reproductions like they make in American Duchess for example.
https://www.americanduchess.com/collections/edwardian-shoes-and-boots
Notice how the heel is made and positions compared to a modern "counterproductive at best" shoe. Much better designed for stability. Super comfortable to walk in, because people back then walked miles and miles every day. Cars were barely a thing back then so shoes were for practicality.

Edit: I've spent several months living in Italy and the men I met there mostly all wore leather dress shoes. They make really high quality shoes there, I'm not sure how you could work in shoe sales and find them boring, there are plenty of variety and great designs. But I'm guessing whatever place you worked at sold crap low quality products, given your low opinion on the dress shoes. Or maybe Italian shoes are just superior. God know their coffee is compared to that dirt water they sell as "coffee" in the U.S.A.

Dex-chan lover
@Mojo
“So practical most people don't even notice them.“
I had paragraphs here but suffice to say “AAaAaaAcTualLy...”

Nice story about having odd tastes. It ends with a positive note about acceptance and such.
The heels shown are, imo, incredibly pretty and I can understand why anyone would want to wear them.
Is Siwon Mr. Kim's girlfriend at the end?

Users who are viewing this thread