Witch Hat Atelier - Vol. 11 Ch. 61

I really do like the artwork, all the drawings are full of life and so intricate and detailed!🥰
However the overall content and the main idea is making me cringe 😬
At this point it's confirmed that this world's population is either very immature or to put it simply idiots. The so-called "right-minded magicians" lead this brainless hoard to the stagnant future.
Otherwise how could you explain this "fool-proof" madness in everyday life!? Even in real life every sane adult should be able to handle knives and open fires and other potentially dangerous things. Of course there always will be casualties but it doesn't mean those things should be banned from our life. It's just ridiculous! 🤦‍♀️

Dex-chan lover
I really do like the artwork, all the drawings are full of life and so intricate and detailed!🥰
However the overall content and the main idea is making me cringe 😬
At this point it's confirmed that this world's population is either very immature or to put it simply idiots. The so-called "right-minded magicians" lead this brainless hoard to the stagnant future.
Otherwise how could you explain this "fool-proof" madness in everyday life!? Even in real life every sane adult should be able to handle knives and open fires and other potentially dangerous things. Of course there always will be casualties but it doesn't mean those things should be banned from our life. It's just ridiculous! 🤦‍♀️
Honestly that's a good point, but I don't think it's a sign of bad writing.

The Pointed Hats' society is really conservative (in the dictionary sense of the word). They've created strict rules and follow them without exceptions. It goes down to the level of hiding a fire for fear of someone getting hurt. Granted, the Day of Calamity must've really been awful to make them act like this, but they've become incredibly rigid (and really trigger-happy with that Memory Erasure spell).

They ignore the problems with the world around them and say "it needs to work this way or people will get hurt". They don't get that the people who are already hurting will break the rules anyways ----- because they're not given a way to improve their lives in the current framework.

And so you end up in a society that frowns on change. A world that is incredibly cautious and conservative to a fault. These are good impulses (mostly), but the downsides are not being addressed. And so people as far part as the High King and the slum-dwelling Coustas flout those rules in secret and lead the world towards ruin.

Dex-chan lover
Otherwise how could you explain this "fool-proof" madness in everyday life!? Even in real life every sane adult should be able to handle knives and open fires and other potentially dangerous things.
That's the thing though, the pointed hats' rules came about because there were too many people that didn't actually act sane. It's basically the same sort of incredible regulations that come in, say, any sort of industry using radioactive materials.

Sure, 99% of people will know "hey, glowing rock probably not good for me", but the 1% where a kid thinks it's fairy dust or whatever leads to dozens of deaths.

In this world, all magic is essentially regulated to a similar standard, because frankly speaking the difference between a heatless flame and a nuclear bomb is a couple pen strokes away.

Dex-chan lover
A better example is creating cat girls from cats. We "could" but should we?

Users who are viewing this thread