Worst Gaiden Mr. Zetton - Vol. 12 Ch. 47 - Cinderella Man

Dex-chan lover
So, uh, who else didn't actually know this was a spinoff of another thing until semi-recently? All these guys started showing up as if I'm supposed to know em and I eventually realized "oh shit wait this is a whole thing"
I only started reading this cuz I was looking up Ultraman words on here.

Dex-chan lover
That is awesome, I enjoy how others are freaking out but for the main characters they were all part of the growth

Dex-chan lover
Bro I can't take this evil weed shit serious, crack or something I can understand, but Weed? Even vaping is worse than that lol

Weed is super-illegal in Japan. It comes down to what Japan itself did during the Sino-Japanese wars before WW2. During that time, Japan had an actual national policy of flooding China with opium with the specific purpose of wrecking China's economy and increasing the crime rate within the country. As a result, this is how the collective Japanese leadership has perceived the issue of recreational drugs since the 1920s: We did it to wreck other countries, so we ain't letting other countries do it to us. In Japan, like in the PRC today (and to a lesser degree in Taiwan and Singapore), drugs are directly tied to national security. The same budget that pays for the Izumo carrier pays for Japan's efforts to eradicate domestic drug trade. That's why for the most part weed is the ONLY drug you can get without getting involved directly with the really nasty guys (nastier than the yakuza).

It's also why no Japanese politician worth their salt will try to suggest legalization. They know it would get escalated into a national security issue in the Diet and spark an automatic national defense debate that everyone in the Diet is allergic to.

Users who are viewing this thread