Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo

Crunchyroll might have taken the manga down, but the print books are still available new. I don't see this as an ex-license.

It's a crunchy roll expired license. If you look through the site, there are tons of books here that are available in english. Stop nitpicking and check out the rules.

Dex-chan lover
Why is this and Yankee-kun to Megane-chan marked as spinoffs to the crossover? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Maybe a Mod can fix it?

It's a crunchy roll expired license. If you look through the site, there are tons of books here that are available in english. Stop nitpicking and check out the rules
Or not.

Why chapters are gone:

https://mangadex.org/group/3750/crunchyroll-ex-licenses

It really doesn't matter who has the rights. You would've been able to upload amateur translation of crunchyroll expired license titles here regardless whether they were purchased by another publisher, but not crunchy roll translations themselves as long as someone holds publication rights to them.

So no.

Dex-chan lover
Then I'm confused, because the group description makes it sound like they're allowed, as long as nobody else has picked up the rights.

Dex-chan lover
Right so the "as long as someone holds publication rights to them." you mentioned, is there any hope on the horizon of the rights expiring? As in, do we know if they're set to expire in months, years, or unknown?

Eh, definitely not. It was originally published by Kodansha Ltd and Kodansha USA is their subsidiary. Unless they disappear from american market completely, there's no way that will happen - i don't remember them discontinuing any of their previously published titles, not since DF became a thing anyway.

It's pretty cool for a "harem" (though i don't really consider it one, given how consistent Yamada is with expressing his affection for Shiraishi). Series reaches something of a natural conclusion around chapter 90, and i had serious doubts about what author will do with the remaining 160+ issues, but she managed all right. It definitely loses some of it's steam after that point, as well as there are some slumps here and there (i didn't particularly appreciate pairing the spares in the epilogue and some other, pace-related issues near the end), but despite that it remained consistently entertaining and mildly captivating - i don't remember there being any major inconsistencies within witches lore and story (aborted arcs and characters put on a bus are different matter) - "mystery" parts have been rather good in their execution.

Nice, charming, irrelevantly uneven, and at times moving lecture.

edit: Oh yeah, insecure "harem lovers" obsessed with "polyamory" endings, stay away. It's not for you, so stop muddying the waters with your bitching.

Users who are viewing this thread