Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 155 - Seto-kun Doesn't Understand Illicit Relationships

I doubt this is how it is in Japan but I honestly believe school nurses should have condoms. Not to pass out willy nilly but a student like Seto absolutely needs condoms! The boundaries was smart but I think taking responsibility is clearly making it known he's committed to her long haul and wearing protection. Also maybe talking to his parents about it. Hell he could go the full nine yards and talk to Anjo's mom about him and her daughter possibly going all the way but that would be a little too crazy haha.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so fucking bored with all this meandering, that's the simple issue. I am bored and nothing this series is doing is keeping me engaged. Having this "responsibility" talk before the dude has even reached first fucking base is just so dumb I can't even fathom.

They want to show he's thinking deeply about the relationship but they aren't even IN a real relationship, nothing has changed, Anjou does something lewd, he freaks out and nothing happens... He's acting like she's going to get pregnant if they progress the relationship any further when the dude can't even maintain eye contact without having an anxiety attack. It's just... annoying. This series was going places but once they finally got into a relationship everything halted.

Contributor
It's good that Seto's asking for advice, he's aware of his naivety and is trying to do something about it, but after a bit of talk about boundaries with Komaki-sensei I feel like he left with even more questions than he started with.

Classic Anjou teasing, would've been fun if he unexpectedly bit off that nugget from her mouth but we all know what Seto is like.

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually gonna be mad if this arc ends with Seto proposing. I was looking forward to a cute and horny teenage romance arc, not this. Bokuyaba is vastly superior for this very reason.

Dex-chan lover
I think that's a chapter we're supposed to have difficulty grasping as westerners as 'taking responsibility' doesn't really mean anything to us, or at least it's not as much a big deal as in Japan. I think Seto's issue here is that he must have been plagued with the idea that sex and sexual impulses are impure, so having them and indulging on them would mean his love for Anjou isn't.

This is obviously dogshit but we can see that confusion plaguing him again at the end. He obviously wants to kiss his girlfriend but some voice in his mind tells him it's 'wrong' when it's perfectly natural.

Boys and men unable to see girls and women without the suffocating prism of the madonna/maiden vs whore image is a disease that I would hope we'd be rid of by now but it's pervasive.

Taking responsibility would mean realizing once they do the deed that it doesn't change anything about how he views Anjou, who was simply a human with needs just like him all along, not some ideal to corrupt. Because I would guess guys that do not take responsibility are ones that have this switch flip once they bone a gal, which is so stupid and such a virgin way to think.

Having sex with someone once usually sucks! The good stuff comes right around the third time when you start to know what each other like! :salute:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't know about you guys, but I like it when things are ending. When you know that there is a conclusion ahead instead of dragging forever just to degrade and lose identity. We'll be left with Anjou-sized hole in our chest, but we've matured, like how Seto matured.

No need to compare this manga to other, "similar" manga. Let it do its own thing. So far, it's been doing good.

Dex-chan lover
COWARD! he should have taken the bite. im sure if he had it might have capmed anjou down due to the surprise of his sudden forwardness.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so fucking bored with all this meandering, that's the simple issue. I am bored and nothing this series is doing is keeping me engaged. Having this "responsibility" talk before the dude has even reached first fucking base is just so dumb I can't even fathom.

They want to show he's thinking deeply about the relationship but they aren't even IN a real relationship, nothing has changed, Anjou does something lewd, he freaks out and nothing happens... He's acting like she's going to get pregnant if they progress the relationship any further when the dude can't even maintain eye contact without having an anxiety attack. It's just... annoying. This series was going places but once they finally got into a relationship everything halted.
I don't agree with all of this but yeah, some are talking as if by "responsibility" he means sex or something. But in my opinion, they're projecting. Based on Seto's history and the events of previous chapters, he's seems more likely not even at that point yet. He seems to think viewing her sexually at all is part of "taking responsibility," which is so low level. Even at the end he's still treating a simple kiss as though it were sex. Hell, even holding hands is an issue most times. His idea of responsibility is so adolescent for a 17 year old that its teetered on being unbelievable at times. But I guess that's his character. So while I loved him going out and talking with someone about his hang ups, I couldn't shake the feeling that he's being a bit dramatic for his age. Still it's better to at least talk with someone. That's a healthy thing to do no matter what.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I really can't relate to all this "responsibility" and going slow in relationships at all lmao guess this is the one thing that I was never really able to understand from Manga.

Dex-chan lover
It's a nice demonstration of Seto's inherent character and personality growing rather than changing. It would appear he's learning how to address, or seek to address, his insecurities and neurosis (both for his own desires and Anjou's) primarily internally, rather than just putting his head down and not changing. He's "studying" what he doesn't know.

As ever, thank you very much for the scanlation.

Dex-chan lover
I don't agree with all of this but yeah, some are talking as if by "responsibility" he means sex or something. But in my opinion, they're projecting. Based on Seto's history and the events of previous chapters, he's seems more likely not even at that point yet. He seems to think viewing her sexually at all is part of "taking responsibility," which is so low level. Even at the end he's still treating a simple kiss as though it were sex. Hell, even holding hands is an issue most times. His idea of responsibility is so adolescent for a 17 year old that its teetered on being unbelievable at times. But I guess that's his character. So while I loved him going out and talking with someone about his hang ups, I couldn't shake the feeling that he's being a bit dramatic for his age. Still it's better to at least talk with someone. That's a healthy thing to do no matter what.
High anxiety, massive fear of failure (which includes losing Anjou) not exactly socially adept either. While it is a bit dramatic, I personally don't find it out of character. I still find it indicative of growth, "old" Seto is unlikely to have even been proactive enough to even consider the situation, let alone ask the questions. It's a bit over the top sometimes, I don't know if that's artistic license to highlight or "exaggerate" his personality, but I feel it squeaks into the realm of reasonable, and at least stays consistent to "who he is".

Dex-chan lover
I don't know about you guys, but I like it when things are ending. When you know that there is a conclusion ahead instead of dragging forever just to degrade and lose identity. We'll be left with Anjou-sized hole in our chest, but we've matured, like how Seto matured.

No need to compare this manga to other, "similar" manga. Let it do its own thing. So far, it's been doing good.
Conclusion? No going on dates, awkward kisses, budding passion... you know... the Romance part...

Why does it have to end when the "Romance" begins? Why do we have to just watch two friends awkwardly flirting, usually unsuccessfully, for 100's of issues and finally get a Kiss in the final scene like it's the end of the world when it's just the starting embers of a relationship.

Dex-chan lover
High anxiety, massive fear of failure (which includes losing Anjou) not exactly socially adept either. While it is a bit dramatic, I personally don't find it out of character. I still find it indicative of growth, "old" Seto is unlikely to have even been proactive enough to even consider the situation, let alone ask the questions. It's a bit over the top sometimes, I don't know if that's artistic license to highlight or "exaggerate" his personality, but I feel it squeaks into the realm of reasonable, and at least stays consistent to "who he is".
No it's definitely in character. No debate about that. And it's certainly progress, just from farther back. Whether it's reasonable, I guess is up for debate but it's mostly fine anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread