Yankee JK KuzuHana-chan - Ch. 158 - Bad Girl!

Fed-Kun's army
i know its a terrible Idea but

It should really end with different routes for each girl and the author will leave to your imagination which one is canon.

bokutachi wa benkyou ga dekinai did it.
Or the author doesn't become a coward and make a real ending, these open endings or with multiple routes I think are really bad, I hated what they did with bokutachi wa benkyou 😓

Dex-chan lover
Aw man, no meme on the credits page (which is also missing lol) this week?

Also RIP, I knew Kijitani was eventually gonna end up in the harem ever since she was introduced during the First Year Intro arc lol

No one gets that many panels and dialogue unless she was eventually gonna join. I mean, even during the chapters before she started showing interest (before this current arc where it became flat out obvious), she was already getting more scenes and focus than even Kanon does as Mai's best friend. Hell, she got more lines than any of the other girls' friends or family members that served as secondary/ancillary characters that the girls can talk to besides fellow harem members or Saotome lmfao

Now the only first year that still isn't actually part of the harem is Koharu's friend Hibino, and she's (and the mangaka) made it clear she has no interest or plans in joining the harem's waifu wars.

Unless Sogabe-sensei decides to make a bigger 180 heelturn with Hibino like what we just got in the last two chapters with Kijitani lmfao though tbf, Kijitani was shown saying and thinking one thing while her expressions and emotions were clearly doing the opposite even during the chapters where she kept trying to tell herself that she's going to support Mai lol

Dex-chan lover
Counter's back! Getting slight 100 Kanojo vibes but the drama/wishy-washy spoils it. At least 100 Kanojo is upfront about the absurdity of the plot, and the characters are straightforward interacting with each other (maybe even too straightforward to a fault).
I mean, Hyakkano is first and foremost written to be a harem  gag manga, even when it first started, Chapter 1 made it clear during the conversation between Rentarou and the God that fucked up his blessing lol which is why its able to have fun with the tropes and do Gintama level parodies of so many different series while also having a lot of fun and poking just as much fun at itself and going meta with their jokes and call-outs lol

Kuzuhana though, began strictly as an ecchi harem manga using the gimmick of having a sole male starting school at a previously all-female school for delinquents lol

The comedy in both series come from different places and the gags and running jokes are developed in different ways, so having Kuzuhana try to imitate or take a page from Hyakkano probably wouldn't work, fall flat, or would be way too obvious of an attempt that it just wouldn't look or feel right and end up being detrimental or having the opposite effect of what was intended.

That being said, always awesome seeing another Hyakkano fan out in the wild lol I'm hyped for the anime adaptation, but I'm also hoping that they do it justice and don't focus too hard on the "serious" aspects of the story and try to oversell it and instead treat it like the comedy gag series it's supposed to be, like how Sunrise adapted Gintama, with the full focus on the comedy even during the serious arcs, but still properly did justice to the actual serious arcs and serious moments. Legit, Sunrise did a great job with Gintama, the fact they could still pull off the delivery and writing of the super serious and emotional arcs towards the end of the series while still tossing out hilarious jokes and comedic scenes in the midst of it at the proper times like the manga, and even the anime original episodes/scenes/jokes they wrote for the anime were done so well.

And with Hyakkano basically being like Gintama for harem/romcom series, I'm just hoping it doesn't go too hard in taking itself too seriously considering the boom of both harem and romcom series in general getting adaptations every cour ever since, and even before, Kaguya got adapted and gained more popularity from the anime

Dex-chan lover
Uhh, were there two last pages that were the same and no endcard for anyone else?
Not sure how intentional it was, but the duplicated pages have differences, in one it says "Because Ayan-chan..." and the other "Because Ayano-chan..." and the second is more clear, maybe the uploader trying to replace the last page replaced the end credit, not sure, only time will tell...

Dex-chan lover
Aight if we're gonna keep adding I say make it ridiculous
Keep adding em till they change the school back to female only after he graduates 😂😂😂

Dex-chan lover
Tsuredure Children did a metric ton of couples in 12 volumes and it was very good. I just ask for another guy with a different personality.
I get it - and I agree Tsurezure Children is amazing - but it established an ensemble cast from the get go. Even when it added new characters it didn't feel jarring because you knew right from the start that you would be dealing with multiple characters and pairings.

Introducing a new male lead at this point in the story would be less Tsurezure Children and more Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!? or Fechippuru.

Dex-chan lover
If he keeps up this current rate of girls to chapter it will only take 889 total chapters! Wow! Almost done!

Dex-chan lover
Or the author doesn't become a coward and make a real ending, these open endings or with multiple routes I think are really bad, I hated what they did with bokutachi wa benkyou 😓
Agreed, that decision shows cowardice and lack of self-respect as an author.
It unmistakably states that the MC is nothing more that a blank character without any real personality that would equally fall for any of the girls, removes all meaning for the interactions and bonding moments with them, and seeks to appease the audience rather that entertain it.
If you want multiple endings, you cannot write a 200 chapters long "common route" and hope to meaningfully and impactfully resolve every heroine route in 3 or 4 chapters each. It's shit writing. You either write a spin-off or make the "common route" short and start early with very divergent plots for each heroine route like many VN do. But I don't think that really works for manga...

Aggregator gang
You could not live with your own failure... Where did that bring you? Back to me

Group Leader
Introducing another male this late into the story, which is ironic since there hasn't really been any real progress as of late, will just hurt the series.
I am okay with having another male character or more,
062.gif
as long as they are traps/femboys and also fall in love with the MC.

Anyway, some of these girls, like Kijitani in this chapter, more likely just have a crush on him after being exposed to his kindness. I don't think they are truly in love with him just yet.
55.gif

Dex-chan lover
Fucking forget about it. Kijitani will be kept as a romantic interest...

At this point im just asking why?

Author is alredy Juggling a lot.

Also, Kanon is less anoying than what you eould expect from her.

Tbh this series side cast is... Itachi and a lot of barely tolerable girls

At least kanon is better than most of the supports.

Users who are viewing this thread