Yankee JK KuzuHana-chan - Ch. 213 - The Answer

Dex-chan lover
Did you actually read the story? Guy refused both for the same reason and then got tricked into whole stuco election plot by Kujaku while he was trying to console her.

Based on everything that happened form his perspective, a girl he barely knew badgered him for a date, confessed to him and while he was trying to console her after rejecting her she roped him into some ludicrous ploy to force him to join stuco before running away all happy with herself.

He has all rights to believe that she just played his feelings.
The situation doesn't change, he's still agreeing to the chance of joining the stuco despite his previous statement, making it sound more like a convenient excuse rather than an actual reason, otherwhise he would have said no a second time, he has no conviction.

Dex-chan lover
I skipped like 8 chapters (i hate skipping chapters and it's a first for me) and i lost nothing, and I don't even want to read those skipped chapters because i know how shlt this thing is
I skipped 5 but I get you, lucky enough when this type of shit happens, you can drop the series and just read later if you just want to see what is going on or wait for the axe/end. That's how I free myself from Kanokari (and I dropped at the start and read it again only because of the memes hahaha, author really nuts for his heroine)

The situation doesn't change, he's still agreeing to the chance of joining the stuco despite his previous statement, making it sound more like a convenient excuse rather than an actual reason, otherwhise he would have said no a second time, he has no conviction.
dude is a moron, he got guiltripped, weird enough is the only part I get, 'cause thinking the confession was a trick and not getting him for StuCo to be together wasn't the trick it hurts my head.
I think that many folks here are angry because Saotome pulls this excuse (valid, IMO) with Kujaku or maybe other girls in the near future, if the opportunity arises, but all suspect he won't do the same if Hanako confesses.

The good twist would be Saotome turning down Hanako at the end, which we all highly doubt as something possible...

At the end of the day, I'm glad 100kano exists. Hell, even Bokuben had the balls to give each girl an ending with the MC (even if not perfect).
I'm with you there, the problem is with how he has been developing across the series, the same has been happening with his relationship with Hanako, so even with his reason to reject the prez is valid it feels like we got a reset to how all the series has progressed.
I liked Bokuben end, because if we got the first end as the main ending I would have felt bamboozled, also the senpai and the teacher were the best endings by far hahaha.

Dex-chan lover
... I am actually ok with this. This makes total sense for hodaka's character, and it aligns with how he has been from day one. Yes he can get embarassed by the girls being aggressively thirsty for him but he's never once demonstrated a real desire to be in a relationship. the only thing hes ever expressed a passion or desire for was fashion. It takes real dedication to a craft or profession to forgo distractions like that. Hodaka has my respect.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It does change because he's being manipulated into agreeing to it while trying to console her. That changes the whole context.

Double-page supporter
This girl at a festival made an ok looking dress so we can't be together right now.

I hated this entire arc, but I gotta say, this resolution had me laugh pretty hard. Hope they don't erase stuco moving forward, or maybe change things up with him joining.

Supporter
People that are saying it's ok for him to concentrate on fashion are missing the point that he has an whole ass harem trying to get his attention.

It would be OK if the context was him using that excuse and going through and telling all girls to chill down. But it's a ero harem manga. We all know this not gonna happen.

Instead all this did was reset the progress with everyone to 0, using this as an excuse while he doesn't act to it and the author tries to milk more 100 chapters of "situations" in this eternal status quo.

Dex-chan lover
People that are saying it's ok for him to concentrate on fashion are missing the point that he has an whole ass harem trying to get his attention.

It would be OK if the context was him using that excuse and going through and telling all girls to chill down. But it's a ero harem manga. We all know this not gonna happen.

Instead all this did was reset the progress with everyone to 0, using this as an excuse while he doesn't act to it and the author tries to milk more 100 chapters of "situations" in this eternal status quo.
This series has been subverting and deconstructing harem rom-com cliches from the first chapter onward. In fact, Saotome actually acting in a more realistic/internally consistent manner instead of acting like a harem protag is part of the reason I'm even reading it.

Also, it didn't reset progress with everyone. People are acting as if the only progress in this series was getting into Saotome's pants.

Supporter
This series has been subverting and deconstructing harem rom-com cliches from the first chapter onward. In fact, Saotome actually acting in a more realistic/internally consistent manner instead of acting like a harem protag is part of the reason I'm even reading it.

Also, it didn't reset progress with everyone. People are acting as if the only progress in this series was getting into Saotome's pants.
I think we are reading diferent mangas. This one desxontructing cliches? Bro...you are posting in the wrong manga session, it might be the only explanation.

Dex-chan lover
Ineed to tailor no time for dating ! Prez elections ? Sure i have time for that !!! 😐
Ending meme sums it up pretty well

Dumbass literally got confessed to by a girl and somehow managed to find a way to interpret it as she’s not into him. Hey, remember early in this manga where we actually subverted a major trope with the whole “someone put women’s underwear in my bag, but the women who are crushing on me won’t bother to hear my side of the story and either a ’comedic’ scene where I get my shit kicked in happens or melodrama where they spend three to six chapters hating my guts until finally realizing it was a big misunderstanding“ by having our characters be smart? Even having them piece together the truth in under a minute based of a few clues. I miss that, now I just tune in to see more Ushigome screen time (She, Itachi and Kamogawa are all collectively Best Girl and I will die on that hill).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
People say "it's ok, Saotome has been way since the beginning" and that's exactly the problem. We are past chapter 200, he should've made progresses and I'm not talking about getting better at designing clothes.

Banned
Why are you all so surprised that the status quo is being maintained? When did readers come to unrealistically expect serialized manga romcoms to have dynamic stories with changes in the relationship dynamics every dozen chapters? It is not realistic.

Dex-chan lover
Why are you all so surprised that the status quo is being maintained? When did readers come to unrealistically expect serialized manga romcoms to have dynamic stories with changes in the relationship dynamics every dozen chapters? It is not realistic.
we are at chapter 213, the only reason I could say you're right if his editor told him to milk the series away, 'cause over 4 years and no progression you have to be safe for an axe for a long time.
even Hayate the combat butler that friggin loved the status quo advanced more of the story and crushed some flags accross the series than this one.

Users who are viewing this thread