Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 19 Ch. 190 - Farewell Party

Dex-chan lover

A lot of characters parting, it definitely feel like this series is entering the final stage

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
if nazuna aint getting a happy end then its time to apply for my jp visa
memes-anime-memes.gif

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing the guy is noticing Nazuna is getting weak probably due to her not drinking blood.
Too scared to drink Kous and probably sees drinking blood from someone else as cheating since they did mention that drinking blood is akin to sex early in the manga. I hope that Haruka in this conversation becomes more likable as he hasn't been too likeable or interesting so far.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter left me with a little heartache.

Starting with the first few panels. To me Nazuna has began to resent the things she will never be able to enjoy of a normal life. The normal conversations/interactions people have that vampires do not. Perhaps, I am mistaken and she is just in a foul mood for not eating.

Then we move to the farewell party that isn't anything more than two primary events:

1. Everybody getting some sort of closure. I think it was very ominous there is a farewell party, but it is not quite clear who the farewell party is for.
I mean, sure we get the comment Azami and Susuki are the ones leaving to various places. And possibly Haruka leaving to Hokkkaido as well, but it is a closure for almost every character.

2. We see a weakened Nazuna, likely due to her not feeding properly (maybe related to her not sleeping during the day?) and her kind of apathy towards Kou...
We know the source of her apathy, she tried to keep under control that unquenchable thirst. She wants to feed, but she only want to feed from Kou. We don't know what happened when she spoke to Azami, but she hasn't been receiving any blood we have seen. This is definitely driving her to the edge.
Haruka most likely caught this up, as he noticed how Nazuka slowly drifted away... He has seen Nazuna bored, he experienced it multiple times because she went out with them as she realised she fell for Kou. She must have realised the pain she is going through and that might be what he wants to talk to Kou.

Even the comedic relief moment felt out of place because of the mood of the farewell and the anxiety with Nazuna's behaviour.

I really love this series, but this particular chapter felt like digging your fist in a bowl filled with jelly beans, shoving it in your mouth, realising some arsehole must have dumped a box of earwax flavoured ones in the bowl. It certainly can make you laugh at the moment, but it doesn't wash away the bad taste.

Dex-chan lover
I am in awe of the feelings that this series is capable of evoking from me.

Everything is always done so well. The atmosphere of this chapter is top notch. The melancholy, the bittersweet goodbyes. What more could be done to make it feel more authentic?

Regardless of whether the ending is happy or sad, I am confident that it will be beautiful and meaningful. And that is more than enough.

Edit:
Also this is literally me staring out my window after getting up at 5pm.
hv7NkU0.png

Jokes aside, it's an incredibly impactful panel. The kids going by, having normal lives, socializing, feeling love and happiness and all these other things. And she's trapped in her room, alone, afraid of dying if she drinks the blood of the one she loves - the only blood she wants to drink. Vampires are often depicted as these romantic beings, but I think Kotoyama has done a good job of driving home the fact that their lives are anything but romantic.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
xnEgXwl.png

oh know the infection is spreading now she has the hands :pacman:
that said... an abrupt end would be something the author loves to do apparently.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So, I wonder if there is an outcome where Nazuna-chan becomes human so her and Kou can run off into the sunset holding hands and have a million babies or something???

lel, don't get your hopes up

Users who are viewing this thread