Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 13 Ch. 125 - Well Done!

Dex-chan lover
Why did Mahiru's mom snapped out of her illusions so fast? Seems like she had pretty serious mental issues, you can't just say her few words and done with it. It doesn't work this way

Why did Mahiru's mom snapped out of her illusions so fast? Seems like she had pretty serious mental issues, you can't just say her few words and done with it. It doesn't work this way
She never actually believed any of that. Like Subaru back when he pretended to be crazy before getting called out by the priest guy. Hence the emphasis on "Can't accept the death" vs. "Won't accept the death" (IIRC. If only a certain SOMEONE didn't pad the series with Shonen Battle BS). The only weird thing is that she didn't snap at the stranger just barging in and saying all this to her. But the stranger's a vampire so...

Dex-chan lover
She never actually believed any of that.
I don't think it that simple. She was in this state for years, ignored the presence of her own child, whom she actually loves. It's not something sane person would do. It would be understandable if it lasted for week or month, but she was detached from reality for prolonged period of time. I'm not psychiatrist of course and maybe i'm wrong, but it seems like rather serious mental disorder to me. At least not something you can immediately end with just few words. Well, maybe vampires can do it

I don't think it that simple. She was in this state for years, ignored the presence of her own child, whom she actually loves. It's not something sane person would do. It would be understandable if it lasted for week or month, but she was detached from reality for prolonged period of time. I'm not psychiatrist of course and maybe i'm wrong, but it seems like rather serious mental disorder to me. At least not something you can immediately end with just few words. Well, maybe vampires can do it
I'm not convinced he was ever loved. His life revolved around his brother. If bro was sick, nobody got to do anything until he was better. Bro not going to a field trip? Neither is he. Unless there's a translation issue, the entire conversation literally was just "Ok, so you couldn't accept it at first, but then you snapped out of it and decided not to accept it." Now that she's been told she's wrong by a particularly persuasive individual, she leaps onto the burning bridge that is her other child. Yes, it's a dumb plot point, but that's basically the entire series in a nutshell once the detective arc begins, and it doesn't get any better until the Kiku sub-plot is over.

Double-page supporter
Ofn when he said keep waiting for the dead bro I started cackling

I'm not convinced he was ever loved. His life revolved around his brother. If bro was sick, nobody got to do anything until he was better. Bro not going to a field trip? Neither is he. Unless there's a translation issue, the entire conversation literally was just "Ok, so you couldn't accept it at first, but then you snapped out of it and decided not to accept it." Now that she's been told she's wrong by a particularly persuasive individual, she leaps onto the burning bridge that is her other child. Yes, it's a dumb plot point, but that's basically the entire series in a nutshell once the detective arc begins, and it doesn't get any better until the Kiku sub-plot is over.
I didnt think he wasn't allowed to go on a field trip, more like he dont want to go there anymore after heard what his mother said.

I didnt think he wasn't allowed to go on a field trip, more like he dont want to go there anymore after heard what his mother said.
What are you talking about. The entire page boils down to:
"Hey, mom c-can I go on the trip?"
"Your brother's not going, is he?"
"Right... never mind"

The next day:

"GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M NOT GOING ON THAT FUCKING TRIP!"
"Why not?"
"MY BITCH MOM"

It's not a difficult scene to follow. Her life's always revolved around the golden child, and she made sure his did too.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, bro obliterated her. I mean, he's justified, don't get me wrong. But DAMN.

Users who are viewing this thread