Yome ga Kiss - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Double-page supporter
Today, we have a dual release! Chapter 11 has been dropped together with chapter 10, so make sure you check it out, if you haven't already.

Here is a message from @zdud, our new TL and TS for YK:
We've changed the name of the manga listing on MangaDex from "Yomega Kiss" to "Yome gaki ssu", which we believe is the actual intended Romanized name of this manga. The meaning of the name "Yome gaki ssu" can be explained as follows:
1. "Yome" (ヨメ / 嫁): This is the Japanese word for "bride". (It's written in Katakana here instead of Kanji, but there is a significance in that.)
2. "Gaki" (ガキ): This is the Japanese word for "brat".
3. "Ssu" (ッす): This is a playful (and sometimes half-hearted) way of saying "desu" (です), which is common in Japanese. Hence the name "Yome gaki ssu" (ヨメガキッす). This name also matches the theme of the manga, as one can easily tell from reading the synopsis.
The previous name, "Yomega Kiss", was likely a mistake due to confusion from the horizontal version of the logo. The horizontal version of the logo splits the Romanized name down the middle, such that it's completely symmetrical. This ends up in 3 characters per line, as in: * ヨメガ (yo ▪︎ me ▪︎ ga) * キッす (ki ▪︎ s ▪︎ s) (It's important to mention that "す" at the end of a phrase can often be either romanized as "su" or "s", which are both valid. The logo chooses to romanize it as "s", whereas we choose to romanize it as "su".) So, it's drawn in the horizontal logo as: * YOMEGA * KISS However, from the meaning of the name, as well as the coloring of the name in the logo, it can be deduced that it's not meant to mean "Yomega Kiss".
1. "YOMEGA" and "KISS" are not spaced in the vertical logo:
rDdlZ1e.png

2. "Yomega" isn't a word, neither in Japanese, nor in English.
3. Looking at the coloring of the name, it's pretty obvious that it's not meant to be separated as "Yomega Kiss":
cTUMeUi.png

There are more reasons "Yomega Kiss" is wrong, such as that "kiss" is never written as "キッす" in Japanese, but in order not to kill you from boredom, we will leave it at here today.
Please enjoy the chapter!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can't believe the joke eluded me for so long
to be fair I was distracted by the eroticism

Users who are viewing this thread