Yona of the Dawn - Vol. 33 Ch. 191 - Yong-hi's Recollection

NO HE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE HAK I CAN'T

imagine if soo won and hak do turn out to be brothers, that would hurt so much more

Dex-chan lover
Suddenly I'm seeing this group all over the place, mostly duplicating other groups' work. What gives?

I’ve been waiting for your translation i’m so happy !! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR TRANSLATING AND NOT STOPPING TRANSLATING THIS MANGA I REALLY APPRECIATE IT🥺🙏🏻God bless you💗💗💗💗

Thank you sooooooo much for translating the chapter, great translations!! soooo much better than the other team’s translation!! I hope you keep translating this manga thank you alot <3

Power Uploader
@Purplelibraryguy I don't think anything necessarily needs to give. The groups being sniped don't seem to care. For Yona, each Evil Twin release gets between 2/3 and 3/4 of the views, 4/5 of the comments (and all the comments that actually discuss the chapter and not thank them for the translation), which I suppose is satisfactory enough. And this team gets the remnants, and dedicated followers, which is what some groups get their kicks out of.

I read the raws, so I go to the ETS release because that's where thoughtful discussion is. But everyone has that which makes them tick.

If both teams remain motivated, and everyone is happy with their hobby, it's live and let live, I suppose. Fans of this release may block the other to not sully their vision.

Dex-chan lover
@Kendama The chapters aren't even "snipes" for the most part, in the sense that usually they aren't racing ahead to "scoop the opposition", but rather are doing current, but already scanlated, chapters. I suppose the slang I was using is outdated; I said "What gives?" in the sense "What is going on?" because it seems weird. I'm not outraged, probably, just confused.
I'd never noticed this group before maybe couple/few weeks ago, and now suddenly I've seen their work in a fair number of my follows at once, with nearly all cases being like this, where an existing scanlator is going along doing it and they apparently decided to just, do it too. I don't quite get why someone would want to do that, when there are so many unscanlated or good, abandoned manga where they could get the whole audience and all the credit.

Power Uploader
@Purplelibraryguy Well, these people called themselves "The Avengers" till a few weeks ago. And they showed up in the scanlation scene for the first time right after Mangastream closed doors. They're said to be basically remnants of MStream, but I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this info.

In that case, they're probably doing what MStream did, that is, mainstream popular manga. I can't really think of why, either. Perhaps they just like all these series, aren't satisfied with the work other groups are doing, think of their version as authoritative and want to get it out. Or maybe they hope to gather strength to release faster than the other groups in the future, and are in the process of getting personnel to do just that. Scanlators have the darndest reasons to do things.

Mangastream never cared much about manga that weren't popular, to the point I hardly ever read anything they did. If it's true that this group have succeeded them, perhaps that's also their mindset.

If we consider that Yona has at least one speedscan early version that only gets out in Imgur/Reddit, plus a couple of text-only summaries that get out even earlier (including by the original Titania translator, sora-san), depending on how you look at it, both groups' efforts are redundant. People are strange like that.

Thank you so much translation!! You guys really do a extraordinary work! Hope you continue translation and thank you for also translating color spread, which helps promote manga!

Dex-chan lover
Hak is Mundok's adopted grandson, right? So we don't really know who are Hak's parents. Maybe Hak is one of Yu-Hon's son. One he had with a concubine or maybe a peasant. And because Mundok knows Yu-Hon, maybe that's why he took Hak in? I don't remember if the reason Mundok took him in was stated in one of the early chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I'm good even if they don't show Hak's origin story. I'd hate it if it the author pulled something like, "This is Hak's family all along. You know, this person few chapters back. Didn't see that coming, did ya?"

Users who are viewing this thread