Yona of the Dawn - Vol. 34 Ch. 193 - The Price of Being a Favourite

Dex-chan lover
OMG.. Yona's dad.. He's kinda.... Self-centered. ALSO KASHI DONT NOT LOOK HAPPY!!
Many thanks

I'm sticking this out because I want to know what face Yona is going to make to everyone after reading all this. I want to know what she'll decide to do after it.

Finally we get the reveal for everyone's motivations! The dad's motivation against Yun-ho was due to Yun-ho attempting to burn his wife alive and Yun-ho burning the priests due to his wife. This makes everything so clear. I'm wondering though if Soowon had done any reading on this since it was in the imperial library?

Dex-chan lover
Obviously, burning people alive is NEVER an answer and Yu-Hon clearly overdid it, but the priests are also in the wrong. If Yu-Hon and Yon-Hi clearly stated they do not wish for the priests to pry into their lives then they shouldn't have done so. Yon-Hi's family is just easily influenced due to ages of isolation. Fanaticism is NEVER good as well.

Fed-Kun's army
I kinda feel bad, because i don't really care about Soo-Won and his parents from the start of this whole flashback. I'm really trying to enjoying it, not going to lie, but i just can't.
I just wan't to see how Yona will react to all of this.

Dex-chan lover
Killing all the priests... That's extreme, no doubt about it.
But why did he go to such lengths? After what was mentioned about her blood last time, part of me thinks there was a reason why action needed to be taken, even if not to this extreme.

@Mitsukinee sure, but nothing that would be unacceptable even nowadays. She was already old enough that they probably don't have 10 years difference. My grandparents are 15 years apart.

Group Leader
Ils personality irks me.

Glad soowom killed him. Only bad thing he did was that he tried to kill yona and yes he should gave the consequences for that.
But for the other stuff he deserved a medal

Yona got a 100 percent of her personality and looks from her mom

Dex-chan lover
the severity of their fandom towards the blood of the red dragon is terrifying but the seemingly unnecessary act of murdering all of them is... God.

No wonder the emperor didn't want him to inherit the throne. If hell go that far, way way beyond reasonable ways of protecting his wife and her clan and causing the suicide of her mother, what else has he done?

Also for yonas mum and il, looking at the past chapter she looks maybe 13-15 (looks kind of a similar age to Yona or lili) and I'd assume Il js something like 15-19 or so there. She certainly doesn't look as little as our future overly generous dopey priest.

Fed-Kun's army
ngl just wanna see my dragons and yona tgether +yoon&hak. miss the happy hungry bunch smh

Fed-Kun's army
Aweee! Poor Yon-hi! Feeling guilt for a yandere priest! And others! I get where it’s going, why didn’t Yona’s uncle became the king inspite of being the first born!
Btw, I had this theory long ago, which might just be true, seeing the way things are turning out
That maybe Yona’s uncle (don’t remember the name), was the one responsible for her mother’s demise (hopefully not), and that’s probably the reason King il murdered his own brother ( & didn’t even feel guilty about it).

Wow! Revenge sure is a vicious cycle, ain’t it? If my theory is true, then yona’s Uncle killed her mother for vengeance for his own wife, Il killed him to avenge his wife, and soo-won killed Il to take revenge for his father. And Yona saw it! Now Hak is the one boiling with the seeds of revenge.

Users who are viewing this thread